• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Kansas!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cchipmunk

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello from Ellis Co. Kansas... I have been actively participating in 1840 Mountain Man Rendezvous for about 5 years now, thanks to my husband. I primarily shoot a Lyman Great Plains .50 cal percussion long rifle, and a Pedersoli Kentucky percussion .50 cal pistol. We have a great time camping no matter the weather, and continue to improve our camp and shooting skills whenever possible. Chipmunk is what some call me at camp... they say I am always working at something just like a chipmunk... it is definitely not because I am short! Ha Ha

:grin: Welcome to the forum chipmunk. I'm sure you'll be able to get all the help you and your husband need to improve both your camp and your shooting enjoyment. What events have you been to? Any over here in Mo.?

Kansas and Nebraska so far... we have been to a number of events. Our goal as soon as we can get enough time off is to go to one of the larger ones, perhaps in Colorado or Wyoming. I will look into Mo events and have to see what happens! I think this is a really well run forum and the wealth of information is awesome.

Welcome from a former Ellis county resident! (I lived in/around Hays/Walker for 25 years before moving to East Tennessee about 5 years ago.) Lots of friends thereabouts and good buck skinners amongst 'em. Welcome to the camp!

Welcome Chipmunk.

you'll a lot here as I have, I'm sure!

Glad to see another local on the board :grin:

Welcome again

Galen
Hays America

Hello "The Kansan" and 54mountain....

Thanks for the welcome... I already love this site and hope to be a member for years to come. If I ever get PayPal I will become a Premium Member... one day perhaps.

54mountain... I know you and you have made yourself home at our camp many a Rendezvous... it is Suzy! Thanks for taking the time to say Hi just like you did my very first Rendezvous. Hope to see you at another shoot one day soon. Also, Kirby says "Hi".

Yea! I thought that was you, I've been hangin' out for a few years now and can't believe the amount of info to be had from this wonderful group of people.

Glad you found it

Galen
P.S.
tell Kirby Hi for me too.

Welcome to the Forum Chipmunk... :hatsoff:
We have rondy'ed with a couple Susans here in Kansas. Have we met..? :hmm:

PaulN/KS ... it is quite possible we have met... I am taller than most women at a bit over 6'... and we have two Scottish Terriers (Lizzy and MacFarlane). Kirby is a big guy and the past few years has been wearing his kilt at Rendezvous most of the time.

So it is I who wear the long skirt in the family :rotf:

Back