• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

start of the 100.00 pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this piece of wood sucks, i bought it for ++p i dont see it, and the grain in the wrist runs straight.

may need a little more to be sure what do you guys think?
DSC_0766.jpg

DSC_0767.jpg

look at the wood grain, not to great...
DSC_0769.jpg

DSC_0771.jpg

Looks great, but I have a question. Were you using a bandsaw to cut the upper portion on this piece? In my personal experience I have found it far more acurate to cut that portion on a table saw or cut using an old hand saw that has been sharpened and teeth set prior to use. I have also found a way to cut out the barrel channel using the table saw method by stepping the blade cut and scraping out the excess. It works faster and ensures that router kick won't happen and that the channel is strait.

On other things, I cannot wait to see the final product! I am quite impressed with the barrel! You are doing a gre job on this project!

so far i'd say that you're looking great! don't get wrapped around the axle about the figure in the wood. the only way to tell is to wait until the piece is finished.

remember, patience is a $%&ing virtue!!

Merry Christmas!

I like what you have done with the barrel also. Of course....it's very similar to the barrel that I have....which I chose over many that I reviewed!!

Nice job!!

Here is a somewhat bad angle of what my barrel looks like from the flat to the round. My muzzle has a "cannonball" type of cut like yours as well.

784679235_photobucket_37666_.jpg

sorry did not take pictures like i wanted to. but here are the finished pictures. The only thing i bought was the barrel, which i turned in my lathe to the way i wanted it.I also bought the lock and trigger guard, the rest of the gun parts i made thanks to mike miller video[ which is great] super nice guy. How do you like my deer antler end on my loading rod.
DSC_10511.jpg

DSC_10501.jpg

DSC_10491.jpg

DSC_10481.jpg

DSC_10461.jpg

DSC_10451.jpg

DSC_10441.jpg

DSC_10431.jpg

Latest posts

Back