• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Also from Illinois

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 20224

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Been around for a while just never got around to introducing myself.
Have been doing CW mounted cavalry for a lot of years and just can not keep up anymore. So we have been kind of drifting around trying several things. Thought that we would use some of the prop guns that were aquired through the years. We have a couple of cap guns and 2 or 3 sparkers. Nothing much as all but one are CVA.
We live about 15 miles S.W. of Springfield.

Welcome to The Muzzleloading Forum and Hello from the BackWood's of Eastern Nebraska !

:thumbsup:

Hi Phil, welcome from Wisconsin! Doesn't matter much what arms you shoot as long as they load from the front.

:hatsoff: welcome to the forum.Wish i was your age again. :haha: Griz

Loyalist Dave said:
Hiya. My family has roots a tiny bit south of you in Virden.

LD
My dad's family was from Virden and mom's was from Girard. Both nice little towns before the drug manure started.

Hi cavsgt, I used to Civil war reenact all over Illinois from '81 until '99, could be we've met. Was 6th Il. cav. forever then went to 130th Il. inf. Lived around Mattoon.

Back