• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Buddy killed a dandy Thanksgiving Buck.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skychief

69 Cal.
Reaction score
My friend has passed up 12 bucks until this morning. He sent a Maxi Ball through a big buck's lungs at 50 yards from his T/C Hawken.

I had the pleasure of helping drag all 205 pounds of him out of the woods this morning. :shocked2:

He's a very happy man and glad that he waited on a "bigun". :haha:

Skychief

Here you go, Nice buck! :thumbsup:

JameBuck2011b.JPG

JameBuck2011a.JPG

In the first pic is me and my friend.

The bottom picture is of my two friends and one of their Dad's. The Dad is hunting with a first-year TC Hawken (he had to scope it a few years ago). They actually drove to St Louis to buy it back in the late 60's or early 70's. On their property it is Black powder hunting only (by choice). Been that way for as long as I remember.

Also, if you shoot a doe, you will NEVER be back. NEVER! They are the truest of friends and I am blessed to even know them. Black powder nuts, we are! :haha:

Hope you all enjoy the report and pictures.

Skychief

GOOD GOLLY JEEPERS MAN! :shocked2:

12??? seen 12?? Bless you all!
i'm really liken this not killing does thing..hear more an more landowners doin it....seems they're a lil more aware of conditions populations than state officials are..........

That is ONE FINE looking buck! I have to admire the "gun" control to pass up other deer to get this one. What a beautiful animal, good going.

RC said:
GOOD GOLLY JEEPERS MAN! :shocked2:

12??? seen 12?? Bless you all!
i'm really liken this not killing does thing..hear more an more landowners doin it....seems they're a lil more aware of conditions populations than state officials are..........

That buck is a brute!!
As far as killing does. I dont care, but the amount of doe permits that New York State puts out is downright obscene. The DEC acts like we have a deer herd as big as Texas. Some areas its still possible to get 4 permits. If their desired goal is not reached with intitial license sales they offer extra permits after Nov 1. That along with nuisance permits is a little much in my opinion.

He is a pig all right :thumbsup: Nothing better than those wise old whitetails. Even better to whack them with a muzzle gun. My blessings to you and your hunting buds!

Holy moley I would have died of a heart attack. CONGRAULATIONS to both of yall :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow:

Congrats to your friend :thumbsup: That's a real good buck i don't care where you are. IMHO as far as Does go: if you have limited #s then let em' walk. If your over run with em', Then Whack Em' :wink:

:haha: I've passed on so many deer this year, it ain't funny. At least two and sometimes five a day for almost three weeks of huntin now... I'm loving every minute of being out there. Missed all of last year due to medical issues and it sucked big time. I'm just glad to be able to be out there, tagging a deer is no big concern for me atm. :thumbsup:

Back