• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Georgia Boys

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm ready to spend the weekend waiting for all the folks who go into the woods 2 days a year to get it out of their system.

Then I'll be there on Thursday and Friday after the critters have settled back down. lol

Yep, gonna be in the woods all weekend. See if I can see more than just turkies!!! :hatsoff:
A friend of mine had 2 hogs in his yard this evening and has invited me out to "remove" them. :hatsoff:

Looks like Friday morning is going to be good in North GA. Cold and if the wind stays down or at least steady I'll go out for a bit. Look out Saturday as the hills will be crawling with folks with their centerfire rifles.

I spent yesterday afternoon snooping around the swamp. Saw a perfect, dark jet black little meat pig and managed to get close and then missed a total gimme shot. I mean 25 yds gimme. I could have nailed it with the longbow. :shake:

I was in the woods til about 9:00 looking for blood before I could admit to myself that I have become a "non shooter" lol

I missed one this morning at about 26 yards with my long bow, a danged ol cedar limb grew in front of my arrow before it could get to the deer.

Man, sorry about that but that's why the indians threw them things down as soon as they could get a hold of a good firelock. :grin: Chris

Why is it the "gimme" shots are missed when others are watching, and the really amazing shots are when you are alone?

Bow, rifle, pistol doesn't matter. Shot a "Robin Hood" last summer practicing with a long bow, nobody around to see it.

Don

:cursing: I feel ya man I missed a doe at 40 yards Friday morn with my muzzleloader. Thankfully it was a clean miss.

Well I went out for a few hours this evening.. Saw too does doing about mach 3 :haha: Came with in 15 yds spun around and was gone again. Got the blood goin :grin:

Back