• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Austin Hallick flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fred woods

32 Cal.
Reaction score
After a 10 day tour of who knows where, courtesy of the usps, my .50 cal. Austin Hallick flintlock finally found it's way to me here in Ohio from Mississippi.
It is marked, AUSTIN HALLICK - PROVO UTAH , just enough use to give it character. It goes well with my .54 cal. GPR I assembled several years ago.
BOY ARE THESE THINGS ADDICTIVE! :doh:

50cal002.jpg

Apparently USPS still ships by ox cart. Had the same experience recently. I like the stock lines of those A&H rifles. I was tempted to buy one of the Traditions re-issues when they were closing them out for $400.

Congrats on a nice rifle! I had one just like it a few years ago; only reason I sold it was that I was phasing out my right hand flintlocks in favor of lefties.

That's a very nice stable you've got, there ! :bow:

I'm an A&H lover, too.

I sold the 1:28" twist rocklock I had last year, and bought a diffferent one with a 1:66" twist last Winter.

I've always been impressed with their fast lock time, and virtually instant ignition - MUCH faster than any caplock I've ever fired (25 or so).

I inlaid some scrimshaw into the stock of my current one:

DSCN0247.JPG

DSCN0246.JPG

DSCN0248.JPG

Back