• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Knife By Grey Whiskers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RADeO

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Here is a knife I was recently gifted by Grey Whiskers, and which he made himself. You could have knocked me over with a feather when he handed it to me!

Overall length is 9". The blade is 4-7/8" long and VERY sharp. The scales are secured with 3 pins as shown in the pictures. I don't know what type of wood the scales are made of - I was so overwhelmed when he gave it to me I forgot what he said. :redface:

Who knows what caused him to take leave of his senses and give this to me but please don't anybody shock him back to reality......... he may just see the error of his ways and ask for it back! :grin:

Hope you all enjoy the pictures.

Thanks again Lon. You're the best!
AM

DSC06884.jpg
[/img]

DSC06883.jpg
[/img]

Grey never ceases to amaze me..when I get out west, gonna have him over for an adult beverage or tea or coffee or...,

Very nice knife, very nice...ya did good Bro

God Bless

Lee

Glad you like it, Richard. It was the least I could do after all the help you gave me with the ML clinic.

The wood is some crepe myrtle that Lonehunter sent me. GW

I thought the sharp edge was on the other side of the blade. :idunno:

I hope he took note of the number and length of your digits. It is a very sharp knife :shake:

Nice! :thumbsup: GW is a good man. I'm glad to call him a friend of mine. And he makes a purty nice knife too.

I love the knife. Say, the next time you see Grey Whiskers having a giving fit coming on, let me know. I want to be around. :grin: I would like to know what mikes asking. My father in law has a yard full of these bushes. He would never allow them to grow to trees, but some are 4-5 inches around in places. I have to cut them back each fall for him. If they would be good for tool handles I would like to know.

It is a little soft for stocks or tool handles IMHO, But it is kinda purty to look at. :v

I was going to make a knife something like that a little while ago but my parole officer said that was a no-no.

It is really a great looking knife. I'm glad that you shared it with us.

Vern

Read the thread, then went back to look at the knife again. Found myself looking at the bottom picture for a long while.............that really is a cool looking knife!

Back