• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Horn number 5

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mongo40

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Here's a small one I got from Powderhornsandmore awhile back, I'm pleased with how it turned out.

horn9.jpg

horn1.jpg

horn4.jpg

horn3.jpg

horn7.jpg

Yes you should be very pleased with how that turned out, keep up the good work.

Young guy! I like that, thanks Mike, I'd like living where you do better though.
I dyed the end using dark brown Rit with a little dark blue mixed in, then scraped it off wher the carving is so it has a nice contrast, plan on aging the bottom a little as soon as I get some more Rit yelloy. Thanks for all the positive responses.
Chris

That is one damn fine horn! I've made some but mine wont come near to that.
Good job

You'll have to post another picture of the finally completed horn with the antiqing on the body. I am trying to visualize it, eapecially on the boar!!! Nice horn :thumbsup: Bud

Ok, Knifeman wanted to see it when it was finished, dyed the body with Rit golden yellow an a pinch of orange, then Johnson paste wax the whole thing, really like how the dye made the grain in the horn body stand out.
horn12.jpg

horn11-1.jpg

horn10.jpg

Back