• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Almost.................

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got to take a rare trip to the swamp on Sunday to walk around looking for pigs. As usual I humped it wayyyy back into the backside of the area to get tot he places that other ppl don't want to go through the trouble to get to. Spent the whole day scouting and stalking around. Got to spend a nice day out walking and got to take in the sights and sounds and....smells, of the swamp.

swamp1.jpg

Swamp2.jpg

swamp3.jpg

Saw a couple of turkeys, a deer, got the snot scared out of me by an owl but no pigs. The GPS said I had walked over 6 miles with nothing. No rooting, no rubbing, no poop. nuttin. So, frustrated, I head back towards the truck along a different route and a whopping 1/2 mile from the truck I find TONS of rooting. Although, it was weird. every cypress tree was rooted up all around the base. I couldn't figure out what they were eating for the life of me.

Rooting.jpg

After about 50 yards or so I hear and smell some pigs doing their thing. I creep up to get in position and just as I get about 40 yards out they start moving off. I step up on a blow down, draw a perfect bead on a perfect eating size pig following him as he walks left to right and BOOM. I kill a tree. :doh:

CleanMiss.jpg

Even if you hadn't seen anything, it was a sucessful trip. Anytime in the woods is good.
Was that tree good eatin'? :shake:

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ducked out early and went back out this afternoon. About 30 minutes before dark as i was easing my way back towards the road along the edge of some palmetto the wind swirled a bit and jumped a biggun about 20' off to my side.

He jumped up and ran in a semi circle around me before running off. I had him lined up dead to rights as he came out of the brush about 20' away and when I pulled the trigger I got nothing. No flash, no visible sparks, nothing.

I guarantee I won't try to squeeze so much life out of a flint from now on! :cursing: :doh: :barf:

I know what it's like to get excited!! Ya must've forgot to reload after ya shot the tree :rotf: :rotf: ...Bud

You should have low crawled through that muck, you may have bagged a bigger tree. :rotf: I have a large pine on my property with a hole just like that. :grin:

Latest posts

Back