• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

the anticipation is killin me!!!!!!!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdhunter

40 Cal.
Reaction score
finally getting my first bp rifle in May but i dont know if i can wait that long! the wife told me if i quit chewing tabacco that i could finally get my lyman GPR. so far i have gone 35 days without a dip of chew. good news is i think i can live without chew but cant live much longer without the GPR. i just figured i would share my grief lol. :idunno:

I feel yer pain!

Be carefull when ya do git it, like any factory produced gun there might be a bit of finish up fitting you need to do.
An ya gotta get all that factory packin grease off all the movin parts and the bore.
Clean the bore, Clean the bore, then clean the bore.
Think cleaning till a white patch comes out white.

You just have to love wives!Mine sounds so much
like yours.They tell us what we can & can't do.

I thought when I left home as a kid I was free
from my mother to do as I wanted to do.

Then I got married & took on another mother.

:nono: (Wink) Fly

Good move on the chew and the rifle. A friend quit chewing and after a couple months doesn't miss it at all. :thumbsup: Larry

thanks for the advise guys. i decided to get the rifle in .54 cal and going to be shooting PRB. the biggest problem i am having is i cant find any true black powder around northern south dakota. i want to try goex 2f but dont want to buy 25lbs plus hazard shipping fee over the internet just to find out i dont like it. there is one shooting club in brookings,sd. i think i might try to get ahold of them and see if any of there members have alot of it and might be able to buy 1 lb off them.

Fly said:
You just have to love wives! ...

Eee-yup! Had to wait 'till mine went to bed last night so she wudn't see me with th' card out at th' comp, orderin' Dutch Shultz's book! Wudn't want her to think she's morally justified to buy more quilting stuff, now wud I?

Dan

sdhunter said:
thanks for the advise guys. i decided to get the rifle in .54 cal and going to be shooting PRB. the biggest problem i am having is i cant find any true black powder around northern south dakota. i want to try goex 2f but dont want to buy 25lbs plus hazard shipping fee over the internet just to find out i dont like it. there is one shooting club in brookings,sd. i think i might try to get ahold of them and see if any of there members have alot of it and might be able to buy 1 lb off them.

Not like black powder??

Never heard of such a thing.

You can buy any amount you want from Graf&Sons, but you can't escape the Hazmat fees unless you buy a case.

You can probably buy Pyrodex loacally. It's kind of like black powder. Sort of.
:idunno:

i want to try goex 2f but dont want to buy 25lbs plus hazard shipping fee over the internet just to find out i dont like it.

You can buy 5 lb lots at www.grafs.com
Last time I ordered I paid the HazMat and they paid the shipping.
Don't worry, you'll like it. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
yea i can get pyrodex at scheels in bismark, nd which is only 80 miles but i would like the real deal.I just cant see paying over 40 dollars for 1lb of goex. but might have to just to try it then order 25 lbs.

Ask around...you may be able to get BP locally. Stores aren't allowd to display it on their shelves, so many times the only way to know if they carry it is to ask.

well boys i just got lucky. gun city in bismark north dakota has goex which is only 80 miles away and i have to drive there to get groceries anyway. :thumbsup:

sdhunter said:
well boys i just got lucky. gun city in bismark north dakota has goex which is only 80 miles away and i have to drive there to get groceries anyway. :thumbsup:

Good deal. Now you'll stink like sulfur like the rest of us. :thumbsup:

Your wife will hate it.

hey thats a good idea she is just getting into the puking stage of her pregnancy too so this will work out great lol.

I think you will find your new GPR worth the wait.
Mine was!
Congrats on giving up tabacco, that will be worth it too. Just think, all the money you spent on that can now spent on black powder "must haves" :grin: :grin:

Congrats on stopping the chewing! And enjoy the GPR! I am just getting into shooting mine. I got a kit from Midsouth Shooters supply and enjoyed putting it together. I like the way it shoulders and shoots. You'll really enjoy it!

Latest posts

Back