• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Coyotes

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny, L&C came through here too. But there was game. By the time they go to MT, someone must have doctored their journals. But for what it is worth, someone actually took the L&C journals and plotted the densities of game along the river basically on a mile by mile basis. Guess what? No shortages. Funny how that is. You can even sleuth that one out for yourself. Actually a very cool paper.

And in another FWIW, Eastern MT and Western SD had, historically, the highest densities of ungulates of any part of North America, comparable only to the Serengeti. All before those that came after L&C wiped out those wolves.

And what is up with the Serengeti anyway? All those hyenas, lions, leopards, and all that game. Dang!

Well, for damn sure history sucks. But, of course, you can easily rewrite it.

Well I live in Southwest Va. and they are planning to start elk bcack here in a county near me (Buchanan) in 2012 I hope they do't bring the wolves they did replace them iin the Great Smokies mts. Park. The red wolf 10 or 20 yrs ago. Not sure if they cause any problems now or not that is a 2hr drive from me into Tenn.

However me have Coyotes I have seen them at night in my backyard, I live in a small town ( Abingdon) most of the people that I hunt on their land tell me that if I want to hunt their land I must thin the coyotes out. suite me to the ground, I will lay the lead to them. don't matter if its a prb or what.

Farmers here lose calves sheep goat chicken what ever to them.You said that the wolves survived and the coyotes where disappearing, that my freind is the cycle of live. Here In Froglevel where I Come from we say he who had the biggest gang wins. I guest the wolves are winning therefore they will need some eradicationg someway, and I know they are protected by maybe "
Big Brother" can help he helps with "everything else."

The decline in numbers had nothing to do with men with guns other than bison and waterfowl. the decline was and is due to loss of habitat caused by men without guns but with deadlier weapons, such as dozers, dynamite, and mining, just to name a few. Urban sprawl tends to congregate animals in certain areas where predators have a field day. Wolves were killed in large numbers but most were poisoned, not shot.

As far as Africa goes, there are vast unpopulated areas for game to roam. Man has not destroyed their habitat. Predator and prey have a level playing field.

I don't have any Deer in my freezer. :( Ate Dog in Vietnam. Wasn't that bad :wink: Wonder if Coyote is about the same taste :hmm: May have to try some Yote sausage. Prob not much tenderloin but will just have to make do. Maybe Wolf burger. :nono: Forgot don't touch the Wolves. :) Ever one have a good day Larry Wv

Wonder if Coyote is about the same taste

Was skinning a yote last monday and amazingly. it smelled like rabbit. Wonder if it would taste like rabbit. My grandson took a whif of it and says "well, you are what you eat" :haha:

larry wv said:
I don't have any Deer in my freezer. :( Ate Dog in Vietnam. Wasn't that bad :wink: Wonder if Coyote is about the same taste :hmm: May have to try some Yote sausage. Prob not much tenderloin but will just have to make do. Maybe Wolf burger. :nono: Forgot don't touch the Wolves. :) Ever one have a good day Larry Wv

Friend of mine tried it, and it made him puke.

You can have my share. :surrender:

Hmm,
Guess a pair of Yotes wanted a Pomeranian. Less than a mile from my house. :shake:
Think I would have armed myself with something better than a broomstick.
Today's Local News

"Perez said this is the first time he is aware of a pet being attacked and killed by a coyote in Fairfield."

Yeah right. :bull:

or... maybe this way.

coybite.jpg

Bet Ya'll diden't know yoties are not indiginious to the U.S.
yup the spanish brought them into south America and hundreds of years later turned into a very distructive preditor.
I never hear or saw yoties growing up on the Canadian border now their every where and a buddy of mine who is doing Yotie studies in VT has discovered that yoties are now breeding with beta wolves(coywolf) there was a excerpt about it in the last Outdoor life mag.

Probably why they're so big and healthy looking.

Colorado coyotes are scruffy looking compared to eastern coyotes.

Greenmtnboy said:
yup the spanish brought them into south America and hundreds of years later turned into a very distructive preditor.

Coyotes are definitely indiginous to North America and only found in America. It's closest relative not on this continent is the Jackal. Chris

if i had in my sights the larget elk or deer in the world and alongside of hin was a coyote i would kill that coyote thats how much i hate them
richie

August West said:
Greenmtnboy said:

Coyotes are definitely indiginous to North America and only found in America. It's closest relative not on this continent is the Jackal. Chris

Nope,
look it up I was suprised as well

Looked it up in what? Some sort of alternate version of reality?

Back