• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Spiral Horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawkthrower

40 Cal.
Reaction score
People that know me will tell you that I'm as twisted as this horn is but actually I just like trying something different everynow and then.
Just finished this little dayhorn/primer.
6 1/2 in from tip to base
walnut base pegged with wood is 1 3/4 in dia.
horn screw tip for easy filling
dyed with Rit brown and wine
Thanks for looking.
Ron

spiralprimer001.jpg

spiralprimer002.jpg

I have got to where I don't post much any more but I have got to say that is Sweeeeet!

Care to share how you did the threaded spout! Do you use a regular tap and die used for metal? :idunno:

Thanks for all your responses guys.

Ciff, I did use a metal tap and die and in keeping with the spirit of HC/PC I used some old patch lube I had to lubricate them. :grin: :grin:
Ron

:bow: :bow: :bow: ...Ron you are the man!! That is some nice carving (we need to talk :wink: )...Bud

What a beautiful priming horn!! :bow:
Ron, you are an artist!! I'm tellin' ya, you should go into business.
Fellers, I did a trade with Ron on his last horn, and his pics don't do it justice. I took a pic to re-post, but it wasn't any better than his. :hatsoff:

You know, the whole horn is nicely constructed. The balance and proportions from the base to the tip are perfect and the dark to light color contrast is very appealing. Each wood peg is also centered down in the middle of each groove.

Excellent use of a horn tip!!!!

Steve

Terrific workmanship, Ron. I would have been sweating all over the lower part of that horn, filing those grooves that deep into the sides. Normally, the horns I have-even the huge long ones-- thin out too soon to have a horn with these deep grooves that is this long.

There is certainly nothing wrong with doing, or trying to do something Different. It keeps the juices flowing, and your interest up. :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

Paul

Latest posts

Back