• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.62 rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy

70 Cal.
Reaction score
This is my .62 rifle. I am currently sending it around for various people to hunt with. It has already taken a Buffalo :thumbsup:

It sports a 40" .62 swamped rifled barrel
by Charles Burton, Chambers lock, curly maple stock and brass furniture... The thimbles, patch box and sideplate were handmade by me. This is a gun that is meant to travel and to go on many hunting trips and shoots.

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

beautiful work Roy another very fine work :hatsoff:

could you tell us the finshed weight?

Just a touch over 9 lbs.. or as my wife says "heavier than excrement" Sounds heavy, but I wanted it to be, balance is great and really doesn't seem to be that heavy :haha:

the .62 or the wife?? :haha: She was reading over my shoulder earlier :haha:

wattlebuster said:
I Love It. an you can send it over to alabama to do some travelin with me :bow:

I was thinking the same thing about sending it to MO.

Firearms deer season began here today, but ML season runs Dec 18-28.

If you send it out this week, I'll get it in time to give it a workout before hunting with it throughout the season. :grin:

I might have to keep it for a few months until all of the hunting seasons are over though. :wink:

God bless

That's wonderful work. The butt of the rifle and cheek-piece looks super-comfortable. Have you worked-up a load for it yet?

Wow! You could send it out this way today, and I could use it for elk next year, and then it might take a while to return it......

:blah: You guys are too late, she's already dancin' with me!

She traveled to Illinois yesterday and will be staying for deer season. :grin: We went to the range to get acquainted this morning and we're getting along just fine.

Let me tell you fellers, the pictures don't do this gun justice! You gotta hold 'er to truly appreciate her. She's purty, balanced beautifully, and goes off fast and every time! Accurate and packs a wallop too! Roy, you did good!:hatsoff:

It's gonna be mighty hard to send her away after deer season. :(

:rotf: Thanks to all for the compliments.. :thumbsup: As Jethro (sort of) pointed out there is already an itinerary for this rifle, but there may be opportunities in the future.

Trench said:
That's wonderful work. The butt of the rifle and cheek-piece looks super-comfortable. Have you worked-up a load for it yet?

working on one always.. I had it sighted in at about 30yds.. my friend David felt more than comfortable to take a 55yd shot on game.. Jethro is putting it through its courses and making progress. :thumbsup:

Grey Whiskers said:
Roy,

This is a great idea. One rifle and many stories. :thumbsup: GW

Well I figure I could never have the time or afford to go everywhere and hunt... but I could make a gun that would. :thumbsup: :haha:

Roy, What a cool idea, and a beautiful gun to boot. I bet there is no shortage of takers on this one! :hatsoff: :thumbsup:
Robby

Back