• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bobby Christian Carolina Smoothie

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

majg1234

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Guys I don't know who all and how much to thank all of you but if you look in Flint rifles you'll see another post of mine..all of this was learned here THANKS all... anyway bought a carolina smoothie off here and took it to the range the pix says the rest...the one flyer is my fault smoothie was a little slow going off (uncharacteristic for it)and I raised my head.Now the load info... range was 60yds charge was 80gr FFg with a wonder wad 20ga from oxyoke over powder and the ball.. NO patch on ball.The ball was hand cast pure scrap lead from a lee mold I think any whitetail inside of 60yds may not have such a good day!!!!! :grin: BTW a 62 cal
101510_18582.jpg

:thumbsup: Nice shooting.Good combo.I haven't sighted mine in yet,sure hope it comes close to yours. :hatsoff: Griz

Yep it did well no rear site either took several shots to figure it all out basiclly used the site picture of the "turtle"site as an upside down T and didn't tuck way down on the stock like I usually do with a rifle once I got it figured out (about 10 shots) you see the result...good luck with yours :thumbsup:

Wow! Looks like a 1 1/2" group (without the flier). That is good shootin', especially with a smoothbore without a rear sight! 60 yards to boot!

Congratulations. :applause:

Good morning
Looks like you have found a good combination. :thumbsup:
This site has been a help to me also. I have been about muzzleloading all my life (dad was a smokepole turkey shooter). There always is another little tip to try.

Yours probably looks a lot like mine. bobby makes a great gun. i also bought mine on here. It shoots like a dream. I took 1st place at my first smoothbore match with it. i has also taken a few squirrels this season, hopefully a deer to come. I also removed the rear sight.
004-7.jpg

002-8.jpg

yep looks like her but I think my barrel is a little longer,I went squirrel hunting opening day got 3 tree rats :grin: the problem was couldn't see where they fell had to look for them after the smoke cleared :haha:

Back