• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

PA Doe falls to the Smoothie.....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt PA

40 Cal.
Reaction score
What a great morning here in Schuylkill Co.,PA!
Slipped in to a small oak flat bench on some public land well before light and settled under a nice wide oak. I sat where I could overlook the bench with the still fairly strong breeze in my favor. At legal light I primed er' up and got comfy. Around 8:20 AM this mature gal came slowly toward me munching acorns on her way to the thick laurel bedding area behind me.....tracking her in the sights as she closed the gap.
At about 45-50 yards she turned broadside and I let her have it with the .62 cal Early Virginia smooth rifle. With the steady uphill breeze carrying the smoke away quickly, I could pick her up clearly bounding away tail tucked. The .600 ball in front of 90grs of 3F did the trick!
Matt62doe.jpg

Matt62doe2.jpg

It was tough taking pictures off a rock with the self timer....focus here, click the button, 10 seconds...run! and get a usable pose in the remaining 3 seconds LOL :grin:
She's tagged and hanging and waiting for me to get the heck off the computer and finish cutting her up!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Good way to start deer season great lookin rifle :hatsoff:
neal

Quite an accomplishment with a smoothbore! With a load like that, and a hole that big, I'll bet she didn't go far. Congratulations :thumbsup:

I know what you mean about the self timer. I tried it once with me sitting on an elk, but all the pics came out fuzzy. Bill

Matt62doe.jpg

That's called Ventilation..Awesome with a smoothie no less..Your smile says it all Great job!.Like the whole outfit!Grilled venison with mushrooms & onions and butter...Life is good!

Latest posts

Back