• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Rotissiere....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gizamo

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Spent the day picking away at yard and barn sales. One barn sale, we hit paydirt... a antique rotissiere!! I found this for 5 bucks, along with a few early blacksmith tools. I will have to draw out some skewers that I have that don't quite fit the three locations in it. Should be easy work. This really adds another missing piece to my fire irons sets.

Skewer002.jpg

Seems like whoever did this spent some time and effort learning their trade... :)

Skewer001.jpg

I'm probably going to contact a good friend of mine to finish this off in a earlier fashion then most folks are used to seeing....I want him to build the ring for it in this manner....

CooksurfaceCorner.jpg

RoastChicken7_4_09.jpg

I don't think it's an antique! I think either Blacksmith's, Mike Aimling or Joe DeLaron made it. They make this style, (Mike now deceased). I used to have a full set just like it, but traded off a few years ago! Nice find though!!

Rick :idunno:

Back