• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.451 Euroarms article.....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Wattsy

69 Cal.
Reaction score
The June/July North AMerican Hunter Magazine (on page 68) "The Bruins of La Crete" The author is hunting bears with a "traditional" caplock...

Just FYI :wink:

GoodCheer said:
What's a .451 Wattsy?

Hmmm, very unusual calibre for North America - the only .451" I know of were the Whitworth rifles used by the Confederate sharpshooters in the recent WoNA.

Here in the rest of the world the .451" calibre military match rifle is the most common of its kind.

Parker-Hale made both the two and three-band Volunteer rifles in this calibre, as well as the hexagonal-bored Whitworth replication. Others have since succeeded their now-defunct production with inferior copies [my opinion].

tac
Supporter of the Cape Meares Lighthouse Restoration Fund

Yeah, was kinda wondering if maybe it was something like the Volunteer. There's not much reason for cartidge cases if you have a well built rifle of that sort. The muzzleloading technology developed immediately prior to the advent of military repeaters easily covers most hunting. And it's fun too.

euroarms still makes both the whitworth and the volunteer rifles. they are made on the parker hale tooling and are both good rifles and good shooters. i know, i have a whitworth.

Latest posts

Back