• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Postage-free Postal Post Shoot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for tallying up the shots Jethro224, I had much fun with this shoot.

Congrats Grzrob , very impressive :hatsoff: and to every one else that took the time to make toothpicks. :thumbsup:

Here be the pictures! I shot this in the first week of the contest. I knew there was no way I could do better so I have been setting on this every since!

Picture 1, I shot the board skinny side facing so I could do the most damage with the pumpkin balls.
You can see a notch above the aiming line. This was my only hit in a try with my biggest smoothbore. I went a couple of inches below and drew an aiming line for the Jaeger. I was shooting a .595 ball, 18 thousands patch greased in Deer Tallow. I wanted to whack the board with authority so I used my Bear load of 90 grains 3F.
This picture shows the first shot dead center and the second shot to the left side of the center shot.

100_0626.jpg

Picture two shows the board from the wide side you can see the large amount of damage to the board.

100_0627.jpg

Picture 3 is after the third shot.

100_0628.jpg

When this contest started I told Jethro I bet I could do it in four shots with the Jaeger. I underestimated the Jaeger by one shot!

Jethro- thanks again for running the show..thanks guys for all the laughs on this one..looks like I'll just be shopping at Friendship this year! :redface:

Yes, that was a blast. Thanks again Jethro for coming up with these. And that three shots was amazing. I though I was doing good with 13 from a .50 cal. :surrender: It would be fun to try it again in warmer weather -- can't shoot as well when I am shivvvvvering. :grin: Look forward to it again. :thumbsup:

See ya, Jim/OH :hatsoff:

Back