• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Took the smallbore plunge

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdtnhunter

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Although I'm partial to large bore guns, I recently acquired a .36 rifle from a fellow forum member. It has a 42" straight Green Mountain barrel, a small Siler with a roller frizzen, and Davis set triggers. I fired a few round with it yesterday fron 25-30 yards using a .350 ball over 35 grains of fff with a .015 patch. I was getting some pretty decent one inch groups bit I think it will do better if I experiment with different loads. I can't wait to try and make the woods safe for democracy from those little communist tree rats!
36001JPG-1.jpg

36006JPG.jpg

36002JPG.jpg

Does meaning you are going have the Communist ones, mean you are only going after the red squirrels? :grin: You will love your small bore. I find that I shoot my small bores, more than any of the other rifles I own.

Great looking rifle. While you're after those commies, why not pick off a few turn coat cotton tails :thumbsup:

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....

That's almost too purdy to shoot. Note I said, "ALMOST" !~!~! :grin:

Congrats on the beautiful new rifle... !!!

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

That is a beautiful rifle. I have never heard of a roller frizzen on a siler lock. Is that a custom feature?

Homer Sales of Appalachian Lock Assembly in North Carolina sold custom tuned Siler locks with roller frizzens. I don't know if this one came from him or not.

If Homer put that lock together it would have a Christian fish stamped inside the plate. I've used a lot of his locks. He does a good job. Have one in my personal rifle that is 20 yrs. old, thousands of rounds through it. He still assembles locks for Jim Chambers, but I think he is slowing down these days.

Back