• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

My first bag in 20 years

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cratwelder

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Give me an opinion fellas...be honest...just getting back into the swing of things

Its dark beef saddle skirting leather, with one of short arms fabulous straps.

002.jpg

Looks like it'll be another 20 years before you need another new one. Great lookin bag.
Jon

Very Nice Bag. It looks like it will hold up to lots of long days in the forest. :hatsoff:
Dusty :wink:

Great looking bag! I'd try something to darken the stitching (which is nice and even). I especially like the way the flap closes with the button made of horn.

Excellent all around! Very nice stitch work.

It's a taste thing and by no means necessary, but I like to burnish or bone all the cut edges on leather. Brush on a little gum tracanth, let it get virtually dry, and bone them. For my taste it "ages" the edges nicely while smoothing them and darkening them slightly.

Latest posts

Back