• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Howdy from Georgia

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomcat1066

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Howdy folks!

Obviously, I'm new here. I was looking for a place to talk a bit about my latest interest, which is the "buckskinning" events. I'm pretty new to that particular type of living history, but I have done living history for a significant chunk of my life.

I got involved with civil war reenactment when I was a kid. My Dad's a civil war buff and he brought the whole family along. I spent my 16th birthday fighting the 125th anniversary of the Battle of Atlanta. It was a blast! However, in time the family pulled out of reenactment and I went along.

I then did some time in the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) and had some fun there, but now find myself looking out on a new venue.

I hope to learn a lot from everyone, and hope to pass along what meager knowledge I possess.

So...um...hi :)

Howdy from Wisconsin. There are a lot of us that do buckskinning and trekking activities. Look around and enjoy!

Thanks mazo! I'm really glad to be here.

I just hope I can find some events within a few hours driving. I'd hate to get all dressed up and have nowhere to go :D

I think I've seen a couple of folks from not to far away from my neck of the woods (Southwest Georgia) so I'm confident I'll hear of something :D

Thanks jwc! So far, I like what I've seen. I've learned a bunch just digging through old threads. It's been great :)

Hello from MCLB Bldg 1360. ;)

Last weekend or so they had Frontier Days at Chehaw park. Picked up a few camp iron things, a few cards, and talked to a few folks. They had a sign-up sheet for local stuff but I'm not sure who is running the classes.

Have been talking with Grizzly over at Bear Creek Muzzleloaders ( http://www.bearcreekmuzzleloaders.com/ ). He thinks there are some folks in our area. There is supposed to be a group near Columbus but that's 2 hours or so away.

Leam

Last edited by a moderator:
MCLB Building 1360 huh?

I work about Building 1251 :D

I think you and I need to talk it seems :)

I was out at Frontier Days too, since I knew a few folks who were participating. My family and I had a blast and wanted to get more involved, which is what led me here. Looks like it's a good thing it did!

Latest posts

Back