• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Which .58

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BV

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm finishing my trade gun, and planning my next build. It's going to be one of Jim Chambers .58's, either the Christians Spring or Virginia Rifle. I will use it primarily for whitetails, occasionally for elk, and hopefully, moose. I'm favoring the Christians Spring. Anyone have any experience with either of these rifles?

BV said:
I'm finishing my trade gun, and planning my next build. It's going to be one of Jim Chambers .58's, either the Christians Spring or Virginia Rifle. I will use it primarily for whitetails, occasionally for elk, and hopefully, moose. I'm favoring the Christians Spring. Anyone have any experience with either of these rifles?

I have a .58cal Early Virginia that I paid TVM to build for me, because the EVA style is what I like, is what I hunt with...

I like the virginia rifles myself and the mark silver that chambers sells is one of the best out there, I think.

Hard to beat the Mark Silver - Virginia Rifle, just wish it was a shorter barrel. :wink:

I've had a on going friendly argument with RC about the Christians Spring - Edward Marshall and the Virginia rifle.

A Chamber's Mark Silver Virginia kit should be here in 8 to 10 weeks.

Thanks for the input.

Here is a Chambers Mark Silver .54 Early Virginia I built.
Shimmin.jpg

I think that was a 50 yard target I shot.

Nice Rifle Herb. :thumbsup: Is the early virginia kit sold in .62? Thanks Larry Wv

Thanks. I goofed, so much for memory. That rifle is a .58 and it is offered from Chambers in .58 and .62 calibers. I finished it in May, 2008.

I build one of the virginia rifles and was happy with the kit. I ordered it with the patch box pre-inlet and was unable to move the butt plate foward so the length of pull was a bit long at 14". I believe the Marshall rifle has a shorter length of pull so I'd go with it the next time. Either way you're going to get quality parts from a rock solid business.

Back