• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What was your first caliber?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musketman

Passed On
Reaction score
Sorry Members, I had to re-post this...
I got lost in the new system...
Please reply again...

What was your first muzzleloader's caliber? :)

The first muzzloader that I ever fired was an 81mm Mortar. I was in the USMC Infantry at the time.

M252 81mm Medium Extended Range Mortar
Length: 56 inches (142.24 centimeters)
Weight:
Mortar Assembly: 35 pounds (15.89 kg)
Bipod: 26 pounds (11.80 kilograms)
Baseplate: 25.5 pounds (11.58 kilograms)
Sight Unit: 2.5 pounds (1.14 kilograms)
Total: 89 pounds (40.41 kilograms)
Bore diameter: 81mm
Maximum effective range: 5700 meters
Rates of fire:
Maximum: 33 rounds per minute
Sustained: 16 rounds per minute
Elevation: 45 to 85 degrees

Pretty good sustained rate of fire for a muzzleloader! Haw!

my first and only flintlock rifle is a 50 caliber Traditions full stock. I have had a lot of fun with this gun and would like to build a smooth bore for my next gun.

My first one was a .45 caliber Deer Stalker which is also the one I launched a ramrod from.

.45 "Kentuckian" Flintlock. Bought it from Century Arms Inc in 1970. It was made in Italy and served me for many years.

I run into the guy I sold it to at gun shows now and then and every time he has to tell me how happy he is with it.

My first caliber was a .45 CVA Kentucky rifle in percussion I made from a kit back in the 1970s.

Latest posts

Back