• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

the fowler I built!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fort fireman

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I built this fowler and just finished it about 2 weeks ago. Its a 20 gauge with a 42 inch octagon to round colerain barrel. It has a L&R Queen anne lock with a cm-2 curly maple stock from pecatonica. i left the barrel and lock in the white to take on its own patina. The stock is stained with LMF nut brown and finished with 5 coats of chambers original oil finish. THE THING EVEN SHOOTS!!! It's not the prettiest but its my first and the next will be even nicer. Here are some pics (HOPEFULLY)
fowler4.jpg
fowler3.jpg
fowler2.jpg
IMG]http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac295/fortfireman/fowler
The pics were taken with my phone so hopefully they are OK. I've cleaned up the butt plate and other brass since the pictures were take. Thanks for looking. ANDY

Sorry, I don't think I formatted that right. I'm still learning with this whole computer thing. Here's one more , maybe I can do it right this time.
IMG]http://i909.photobucket.com

Just in time for hunting season. You did a nice job on the fowler. Of course now you're hooked and are no doubt planning your next build.

I really like it! congrats... now its time to work up some loads. Have fun with the new fowler. Whats in it's future... turkey,deer ,small game ?

Probably mostly small game and if I can get a good load up ,Turkey. I would like to build a 54 cal Lancaster or transitional for deer. That probably won't happen until after this hunting season. Until then I'll use my 45 cal. pedersoli Pa longrifle.

Have you given any thought towards Jug choking or using a screw in choke? I'm waiting on a barrel that has been sent out to be jug choked. Its 33 Inch 62.cal gm for a T/C renegade. I'm am also working up loads for a Coleran 33 inch turkey choked 62.cal. this one also fits the T/C renegade. I enjoy working up shot loads there are so many different combination to use.

Nice gun. I love the fowling guns.
Have you taken any closer pics of it yet?
How does that Pecatonica stock fit you? The comb drop was way to low for me and I could not get me cheekbone on the comb and still see of the gun.

I haven't taken any closer shots of it. The pics I have here are taken with my phone. The only close shot I have is of the forestock to show the nice curl on it. As for the pecatonica stock ,I think it fits me pretty well. The trigger pull is right at 14 inches maybe just a hair longer. I'm a pretty long armed freak so it fits pretty well. The drop is about right to. I'm pleased with how it turned out for a first build from just parts. I've built a pedersoli kit but that was jst finishing pretty much. I learnd alot and ready to gear up for my next build. Haven't decided yet what that will be though. I did have to change the butt plate a bit. The comb of the stock was narrower than the butt plate so I had to reshape it abit to get it to fit. All in all I'm pleased. It'll spend alot of time in the woods, once I get the loads sorted out. Would love to here what some of you fowler guys use.

Latest posts

Back