• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Warning to Canadian Flintlock owners

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I said in the second post in this topic, "Assuming there isn't more to the story, ..."

I'm beginning to think there was "more to the story." :hmm:

Well, he's into aerobatics and that would imply access to an aircraft, so keep your eyes on the sky. He may be headed for Mexico at high speed... :rotf:

Well his court appearance was supposed to be in July and I for one would like to know what happened.

geologist said:
Well his court appearance was supposed to be in July and I for one would like to know what happened.
Nothing in the news papers out there?

This is a copy from a thread posted at canadiangunntz.

Nothing to see here folks. Move along.
I was in touch with this fellow last month by PM. Turns out he has no PAL, which he doesn't need for the flintlocks. BUT, he says they also took other rifles he has had for years that he never registered. No PAL and unregistered non restricteds isn't covered by the amnesty. He is SOL but he didn't mention this in his postings.
As always, what are we NOT being told. The confiscated flintlock thing is a non issue covering for the real issue.
For the flintlock or antique owners out there make a copy of the following and keep it handy when you are out and about with said firearms.
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/powder-poudre-eng.htm

Not sure how the grub is ,likely he was fined and prohibited from owning firearms for 5(?) yrs ?

Cheers Bob

Russ T Frizzen said:
How's the food in the jails up there? Maybe he'll drop us a line.

Geeze Rusty,
I called the Grub alright.Even gained a few pounds but heck I was in only in a couple of years..... :wink: :rotf:

Russ T Frizzen said:
Comfy beds and room service, right? :thumbsup:
:rotf: Awwww Rusty.....
I gotta admit I wasen't really in the Clink.It were me Brother instead... :grin:
Actually I'm a piller of society around these parts. :rotf:
If you don't believe me just ask Soggy....and if he tells you a story of me Dryloading my flintlock on Sunday it's totaly fabricated. :wink: :grin:

As "The Beaver" said to Wally, "We've been tooken!"

Perhaps I'm wrong but, several of us mentioned in our reply's to this post that if there wasn't more to the story the Flintlock should not have been taken. That, in my opinion gave ample time for the originator of this topic to mention that he also had other firearms taken and that these were the cause of the taking of the Flintlock.

Halftail said:
Russ T Frizzen said:
I gotta admit I wasen't really in the Clink.It were me Brother instead... :grin:
If you don't believe me just ask Soggy....and if he tells you a story of me Dryloading my flintlock on Sunday it's totaly fabricated. :wink: :grin:
Oh yeah he's a"piller" of society all right...........the only "piller" he's familar with is the one he puts his head on when he goes to bed at night....... :grin:
And as for that "Dry loading story being "fabricated".........the only "fabric[strike]cation[/strike] involved was the patch material, along with the ball that went into that load minus the powder.......... :rotf:

Well, it was ALMOST a complete load--just missing one component. We should cut him some slack, it's summertime and his mind was probably on trout fishing instead of shooting. It can happen. 'Course, when he's fishing, he probably forgets the bait...... :rotf:

Soggy said:
Halftail said:
Russ T Frizzen said:
Oh yeah he's a"piller" of society all right...........the only "piller" he's familar with is the one he puts his head on when he goes to bed at night....... :grin:
And as for that "Dry loading story being "fabricated".........the only "fabric[strike]cation[/strike] involved was the patch material, along with the ball that went into that load minus the powder.......... :rotf:
Hold it now....That's right...Soggy you reminded me...I need to take that [strike]Pillow[/strike] er I mean Piller.....got to cut it up in strips in case I remember to patch that ball I use in my dryloads. :wink:
Where is that Damn Bait anyhow? :grin:

Russ T Frizzen said:
Well, it was ALMOST a complete load--just missing one component. We should cut him some slack, it's summertime and his mind was probably on trout fishing instead of shooting. It can happen. 'Course, when he's fishing, he probably forgets the bait...... :rotf:
:hmm: .........I supose you're right; most loads consist of three components powder, patch,& ball. However I remember one time I added a fourth component.....................do you have any idea what a new ramrod cost??? :redface: :redface:

bdhutier said:
Russ T Frizzen said:
Hrmm... it may not be the kind of room "sevice" he had in mind!! :haha:
I would estimate that would be the comfy room service one can do without
:barf:

It is odd that you assume that I have broken the law when there might have been other laws broken when I was charged. Anyways for what it is worth all charges against me for centerfire weapons have been dropped. I still go to court for having unregistered flintlocks in the spring.

My original post was to warn canadian flintlock owners that it is not common knowledge among police officers that flintlocks do NOT need to be registered and if you want to make light of the matter it only reflects on your personality.

Back