• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Well Said...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gizamo

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Friend wrote me about his first time shooting a Flintlock rifle...

He has a way with words... :wink:

It was a peak experience, the whoosh, the heavy THUNK, my ephemeral essence captured in a such a primitive rite....a little magic dust, a handy heavy element, a little fire and ssswwwhwhooooossshhhhhhTHUNK!!...the metaphysics of history mingled with sulphur and saltpeter, coarse raw chunks of fulminating alchemy blossoming into a cloud of brilliant white smoke and huge smiles....

nice reminder of that first time, and why we never forget why we love these wonderful guns :grin:

giz

but then it went " THUNK"
MUST HIT SUMTHING....though not very hard?
maybee he was shootin damp powder :rotf:
(sorry Giz,,,I could'nt help it)

Had to go out and prime a flinter, touch it off and snort the white smoke after that one.

gizamo said:
It was a peak experience, the whoosh, the heavy THUNK, my ephemeral essence captured in a such a primitive rite....a little magic dust, a handy heavy element, a little fire and ssswwwhwhooooossshhhhhhTHUNK!!...the metaphysics of history mingled with sulphur and saltpeter, coarse raw chunks of fulminating alchemy blossoming into a cloud of brilliant white smoke and huge smiles....

Far out and groovy, man! Like, this must have been and AWESOME trip, to say the least. I wonder if he used the "smoke pole" as a bong just prior to this new-age experience?

I'm going to try "ssswwwhwhooooossshhhhhhTHUNK" as my new mantra.

I would say that the flintlock made quite an impression on him, I hope he never looses that enthusiasm for his newly found passtime.

"the metaphysics of history..." dang, this guy knows how to write! obviously not a victim of a public school education.

He certainly has a way w/ words and evidently was extremely impressed w/ his experience. My first time didn't conjure any "deep thoughts" such as his...the rifle simply went bang. I would appreciate any addt'l "thoughts" on his other life experiences....first job, first game kill, first date, first auto accident, first time w/ "ladies of the night" and so on. In fact, he should write his first book on all of his firsts....could be a big seller. :grin:....Fred

This is plagerized from Captain Kirk's stream of consciousness when he shot the Gorn.

Interesting how some see the prose as a joke...or elude to how it is "new age" or drugs that gave the moment of clarity that had the author put his feelings into verse.

Guess it's one of those things that you smile about, when you remember the first time you shot BP and smile....or pick to pieces because of the manner the gent put it into words... :wink:

giz

gizamo said:
Guess it's one of those things that you smile about, when you remember the first time you shot BP and smile....or pick to pieces because of the manner the gent put it into words... :wink:

giz

I really enjoyed it, so your friend has the heart of a poet, that is not a bad thing.

I found his words refreshing and inspirational.

Only thing really missing is a claritive measurement of the shooter's "Grin Factor"!

....was it "beaming" or "Ear to Ear"?

Latest posts

Back