• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First Tansel Horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacksmithman64

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Just finished this one up, I never tried this style before...I mixed up the engraving on it-used some of Francis' and some of Tim's :grin:
Picture143.jpg

Picture142.jpg

Picture141.jpg

Picture140.jpg

Nuther great one Stumblin'; I really like the Tansel style myself.
:hmm: :hmm: ........Hey I just noticed you didn't put any of them squirrels on it like ya did on Swampy's horn :grin: :grin:
Soggy

:shocked2: Good Golly Jeepers Stumblin! that R awful nice!! downright purdylike! :bow: Excellent! :bow:

:hmm: gee wonder what my stakes alooklike?? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

:grin: thanks guys! General Soggy; I haven't been able to find any cartoon skwerls engraved by the Tansels! :rotf:
And RC, yer stakes look like 3/8 square metal bars with a hook on one end and a point on the other! :haha: :thumbsup:

Stumblin Wolf said:
:grin: thanks guys! General Soggy; I haven't been able to find any cartoon skwerls engraved by the Tansels! :rotf:
And RC, yer stakes look like 3/8 square metal bars with a hook on one end and a point on the other! :haha: :thumbsup:

:hmm: so the lil hand scribed deer pics are on the bottom of the hook? or on the point?? :hmm:

:rotf:

RC said:
Stumblin Wolf said:

:hmm: so the lil hand scribed deer pics are on the bottom of the hook? or on the point?? :hmm:

That's a good idea R/C...............have a picture of a deer on your tent pegs,.........................that way if you ever see one up there in the Adriondacs at least you'll know what they look like..... :wink:

General Soggy said:
RC said:
Stumblin Wolf said:

That's a good idea R/C...............have a picture of a deer on your tent pegs,.........................that way if you ever see one up there in the Adriondacs at least you'll know what they look like..... :wink:

:grin: :grin: I's always thinkin Soggy! :grin: ya know...jus fer in case :wink:

SW-
Well done, and very tasty!
Looks to be a first rate horn beneath all the fine work; do you recall its origin?
Longshot

Longshot, from what ohio ramrod told me, he built the horn. Maybe he can chime in and tell about it. He just came down today and picked it up.

Nice horn Wolf. Got me beat three ways to Sunday. :thumbsup: Dilly

Back