• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

1st smoothie?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trailgunner

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I was doing some Christmas shopping today and came across a T/C .56 cal. Renegade model smoothbore at one of my favorite gunshops. It was in excellent condition! I thought it was a rifle at first, and then realized it was a smoothbore. I asked the store owner about it. He said it was used but in great condition,price..$125.00. I had him put it aside for me, I'll be picking it up right after Christmas. Any thoughts on this gun?

Do a search, theres several past threads on this gun. In the 70's, up to 83' we were a smoothbore State and most people used this gun back then. But it went the way of the dinosaurs after we were allowed rifled barrels.

Yeah, my thought is that you done got a real good deal!! For that price you can afford to hang it up as decoration (If it doesn't shoot for you)!

I'd call that a deal. Heck, if it doesn't shoot well for you, I'll send you a check for $125 plus shipping! I had a buddy back in MA who had one when I knew him in the early 80's that he used for whitetail because you could only use smoothbores back there.

Good deal :thumbsup: I gave $225.00 for my 56 cal. smooth bore gun new, but it set on the rack for a while.

I have a 56 T/C Smooth Bore and I shoot 75 gr. 3f goex or 3f triple 7 with a .530 rb. and a 18th patch. 3 inch group at 50 yds. and 4-5 inch at 75 yds. It jumps around too much at 100 yds. to take a chance on game for me. Good luck, half the fun is trying to get it to shoot and getting it to hit where you want.

I would read the threads Swamp Rat suggested but for $125.00 you would have been :youcrazy: not to buy it!

I am sure it will become the Christmas present you like most this year, from a person you deeply respect. :wink:

If not I will buy it for 150.00 plus frieght now where else can you get a guarantee like that? :grin:

Great find :thumbsup:

56 worked for me the other day,, if you have any forsale or trade let me know--> trail gunner I'll give you 250 for that gun if the barrel is clean and you don't like it.

Jeez -- no one has mentioned how great they work with wads and about 3/4 oz of lead shot. At 25 yards, anything that has feathers can be had as well as squirrels. Smoothbores are extremely versatile.

With all the offers to buy, I'd say it is a WIN-WIN situation for all involved! Emery

I would have to agree with all of the above , except for one thing--to make it really great you would have to fit it with a flint breach plug and get a flint lock for it.

That being said you have a quite versatile gun there that can be used on nearly any game you choose to hunt from patched ball for large game to shot for small game and foul. All of my customers who have used them swear by them for turkey.

Toomuch
Shoot Flint

OOPs I'm retracting that offer above because I didn't notice PGTMG had already made an offer, my mistake being to quick to reply.. but as for you buying it just make sure you put a bor elight down the barrel first, if it has rusted and got pitted I find them less accurate and hard to load and we have 4 of them from when Mass was a smoothie only state.

Back