• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Graf Black Powder - new ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeMat1856

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I found this today when looking at the selections on my #1 powder supplier:

GRAF BLACK POWDER 3F 1LB
"A new formulation of black powder developed by Wano Schwarzpulver of Germany for Graf & Sons utilizing premium grade Alder Charcoal. Alder is one of the most preferred bases for sporting black powder due to it's low residue/fouling characteristics as well as shot to shot, lot to lot consistency."

The price is right, so i splurged for one tin of FF and one of FFF. Will test and report as soon as possible.

FYI: Nice Green tin of Graf's Powder

~daniel~

It's good powder, I'm using Graf 3F in my guns now and very pleased with the results. But I hate to tell ya they switched over to a duller plastic container now, no more green tins.

LeMat,
I have used 3fff Graf powder off and on
for over 3years. I prefer Goex,just because it is Goex,and I have never had a problem with it.But
I would not hesitate for a second to use Graf
powder as a replacement for Goex.
Check: www.grafs.com.
snake-eyes :hmm:

Last edited by a moderator:
I buy a case a year of the Graf 3F. It is the same as Wano Schuetzen Powder just a different can. :thumbsup:

I ordered some Wano/Schuetzen/Grafs black powder in my last order just to try it out. Mine is the Schuetzen marked stuff in the black plastic "cans" but it is the same (as far as I know) as each of the other mentioned brands, just labeled differently.

Hello from Germany,

here in Germany the powder is produced and traded by WANO. I changed from Swiss to WANO 2 years ago and I'm very confident with it. The fouling is a bit more, but it is softer and can be removed much more easier.

Regards

Kirrmeister

I use the Schuetzen all the time.It is good powder.
If Graf has private branded it good for them.
The Swiss is great powder, just too pricey for "plinking"

sept 4 / 04:30

rats!!

i have already purchased two special plastic spouts that i use on goex tins and had hoped they would fit on this graf stuff.

wonder how i missed it all this time considering it has apparently been there for quite awhile...? also, not too pleased to hear that it leaves more residue since i already use at least 2 hours after shooting with goex for cleaning. (i just love that new oil/burned powder smell. ha!).

next time i "find" a new item, i think i'll post here first and then consider the purchase.

thanks for the opinions.

~daniel~

The spouts for Goex will fit the Graff plastic "bottles". Been shooting it for almost 4 years now. Good product, though I am having fouling problems with my .58 and 2F......last foot of the barrel is really crusty after about 4-5 shots. To a point it really become tough to start a ball. Actually cracked my rod :cursing: .

Hey there Lemat1856,

If it's the same as Schuetzen it really is good powder.

I like the 3f just fine, the 2f is okay but I have found it to be a little dirtier than Goex - but not nearly as dirty as the Elephant I tried a few years back.

For hunting I wouldn't hesitate for a good deal on Wano or Schuetzen.

Spot

It depends on the powder charge and the patching a friend suggested that I up the charge and see if it gets worse or not if it does go the other way and back off the charge volume. but he said that it means that its all burning up up to that point. I have not had my gun out to test the theroy yet.

Latest posts

Back