• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.50 Deerhunter arrived today!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PreglerD

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello from Germany!

Again I have spent some money to the USA. And yesterday the Traditions cal. 50 Deerhunter arrived. It has a pretty black composite stock, is well worked, has a good trigger weight and is very handy. Will try it asap, maybe weekend with PRB and conicals, so that I can use it for roe and red deer. It is a traditional rifle with a modern look. I think the right rifle to convince other german hunters about ML hunting, because a scope can be mounted also, which is a necessary argument here in Germany, as I described already.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Is it too restrictive to buy direct from Spain where they are made? Just curious, but because of the poor value of the American dollar now, do you consider your purchase a bargain in Germany? I would think that if we can sell them in America, imported from Spain, for under $300, that they would be even less costly to buy direct from Spain. Also, I have been curious on your posts as to what you call a "roe" deer. Appreciate your posts from Germany.

Hi Ghettogun,

thanks for the kind words. Because of the weak dollar it saves money to buy things in the USA. But the main cause is that Traditions won't sell these nice Deerhunters here in Germany. Here is only sold a .45 model with brass sights and hardwood stock which I don't like at all. And because the number of ML hunters here is very scarce no dealer will import the hunting models. So I order in the USA.
What makes you curious about the roe deer? Google it if you want to know more.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Hi Kirrmeister,

:eek:ff , but I'm curious. Have you ever considered the traditional German Jaeger rifle?

The way I understand it, these rifles were generally large bore, somewhere between .60 and .70 caliber. Also, I understand that the German hunters who used these rifles back in the day were highly respected hunters.

Hi jethro224,

you are right, but the Pedersoli Jaeger Rifle I don't like and a kit is too much bucks for me for the moment. Further more Roy builts a .54 eastern Tennessee poor boy flinter for me and T.V.M a .62. So I think thats enough. The Deerhunter is only for autumn and winter hunting where a scope is needed.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Kirrmeister said:
Further more Roy builts a .54 eastern Tennessee poor boy flinter for me and T.V.M a .62. So I think thats enough.

Yeah, that oughta hold ya... for a while anyway. :haha:

Back