• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Robbins Lock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishDFly

69 Cal.
Reaction score
I am looking at a rifle with a "Robbins" Lock.

Can anyone share some insight into the lock and it's maker?

Thanks

RDE

Is this an old original rifle or a fairly new one?

My little old book called "AMERICAN GUN MAKERS" by L.D. Satterlee and Major Arcadi Gluckman shows several Robbins and a company called ROBBINS & LAWRENCE.

The individuals shown are:

Robbins, Tooga, Pa. Flintlock maker

Robbins, W. E. Manesburg, Pa. Maker of percussion rifles.

Robbins W. G. Unidentified. Maker of percussion rifles.

Sorry there isn't more information in my limited supply of gunmakers.

Rather than just sending me a PM (called a PT on this forum) why don't you tell the other folks about your gun. I'm sure they would be interested. :)

Harold Robbins made custom locks in the 1960s through at least the late 1970's. They are among the best locks ever made. IMHO, even equal to Bob Rollers custom locks made today.

I have one made in 1977 that was shot so much that the frizzen is worn out, but the internals are almost like new.

I'll take it off your hands if you want to "upgrade" to a L&R or a Chambers. :wink:

Mr. Robbins passed away several years ago, so replacement parts are not available, other than from someone who can make custom parts.

Good luck
J.D.

A Robbins lock is VERY desirable. There were a few lock makers 35 or so years ago that made top notch locks that were recognized as a cut above all the others. Ron Long made some fine locks and a gentleman by the name of Schillinger was also known for his fine Hawken locks.

Back