• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Replacement barrel for Traditions?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Gregory

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I need a replacement barrel for a Traditions sidelock rifle. I am not sure of the model but the barrel is 15/16 across the flats and is 28in long. It has one wedge and adjustable sights, and no patch box. Where can I find a drop in replacement barrel?

Just on the little information you are giving, it sounds like a Traditions Hawken. I dont know if it's that you want something other than a new traditions barrel or what, but I am sure that you could get a replacement from traditions.

Yeah, I've looked around and it seems the only replacement barrel you may be able to find is another Traditions barrel. No one to my knowledge currently makes any drop-in replacement barrels for Traditions.

out of curiosity, why do you need a replacement? If it's a traditions flintlock hawken and the situation is that the riflings are shot out, drop me a PM, I might be interested in buying the one you have.

The barrel is rusted very badly. I am thinking about buying the gun from a coworker and he let me bring it home to clean it up and shoot it. I worked for almost 2 hours today with a brush wrapped in Scotch brite scrubbing the bore. When I quit there was still large "chunks" of rust still in the bore and my patches were still coming out very reddish brown. I plugged the nipple hole with a q-tip and filled the bore with Break free CLP and let it sit overnight. I plan on cleaning some more tommorrow and shooting it. I am very afraid that it wont be very accurate, but I am new to this and may be suprised.

We have had a Traditions "hawken" that has never shot all that well despite my time and effort.There are just some barrels that don't shoot well. Too bad as the stock fits my wife perfectly but she just won't shoot an inaccurate rifle...one of these days I need to get it re-rifled or a new barrel for it.

Latest posts

Back