• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from the Colorado

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oakspring

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Just stumbled on to this forum. VERY NICE. Have been a fan of muzzleloading for a long time. Did some Mountain Man stuff years back, but a military career, marriage/divorce, traveling and a war sort of got in the way, but it's time to get back to my roots so I'm looking forward to building a smoke pole and burning up some black powder once again.

Doc

Greetings, I live up in Loveland. If you need help with the Smoke pole, I'll be glad to help. I'm currently building one too.

Regards
Loyd Shindelbower
Loveland Colorado.

Welcome back Doc, Thanks for your service & glad to have you aboard. :thumbsup: Good Luck & Good Shootin'

Thanks Gents. Just trying to figure out what I want to build. I think I'd like to build a flinter and perhaps something along the lines of a Tennessee mountain rifle. I like the long barrel. Something in .45 or .50 caliber.

Doc,
Welcome to the MLF,great to have you with us.
Sounds like you will fit right in.
Hope you visit often and contribute when
you can!
I am snake-eyes:hatsoff:

What part of Colorado do you live in? If you log onto[url] WWW.CSMLA.org[/url] you can get a list of clubs throughout the state.
I'm soon to be the Captain of the Buckhorn Skinners in Loveland. We shoot the third Sunday of every month. Stop by and shoot with us some time. [url] www.buckhornskinners.com[/url]
If you don't have a gun yet, we have loaners.

Regards
Loyd Shindelbower
Loveland Colorado.

Last edited by a moderator:
Howdy, I'm new to this place, but just love the BP. and if i was going to build anther muzzle gun, it would have to be a .40 cal. pennsylvania or a kentucky flint. the longer the better.
but thats just my 2 cents worth. like i said, I'm new around here. but i love the smell of black powder in the mornin, and noon and night fer that matter. you'all have a nice smokey day.

Latest posts

Back