• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Whom else besides Chambers?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akapennypincher

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Is putting out a quality Pennsylvania Fowler Kit. I finally here back from JC and they are quoting 4-6 month because of the level of wood I want. :surrender:

If you can point me to some web-site it would be appreciated...
:confused:

It works for me, so checked it out for you. He offers a Fowler based on a John Newcomer made, Hempfield Twnshp, Lancaster County, Pa. ca.1760-1780. Features a large Siler lock tuned, Colerain 42" tapered/flared, oct-to-round barrel in 28,24,20 gauge. Wood is select hard maple in 3 grades, also walnut, cherry and ash. Prices: grade 1 maple $755, grade 2 add $30, grade 3 add $60. Left hand available. Phone: 717-757-5841, email: [email protected] Hope this helps you. Emery

I have to second that. Chambers Kit's are really nice. I like Cabin Creek's stuff too. I met Brad Emig at the gunmakers fair and was very impressed with his gunbuilding. While there are several companies that make nice rifle kits most of the fowler kits are pretty generic unless you want a trade gun. Mike Brooks is making a type G trade gun kit now as well that may be worth a look.

When I do one of Jim's kits I usually find my own piece of wood and ship it directly to Mr Sipley for the pre-carve.

Never had to wait as long as you are talking about.

I think you might want to call Fred Miller he probably has a couple hundred patterns.

Wayne Dunlap might have a good fowler pattern or he could surly point you in the right direction.

Good Luck

Keep us posted

Chambers' get their wood from Dunlop. You may want to call Dunlop and see what his time quote would be.

I purchased a kit from Jim and Barbie at Friendship, and I'm still waiting on my barrel from Rice. Barbie said this week or next. I have my fingers crossed.

Latest posts

Back