• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Uberti pistol, new in box

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bender

36 Cal.
Reaction score
what comes in the box? A local store has an uberti 3rd Dragoon that I want, but it is the display model hanging on a hook behind the counter. I asked "do you have the box and stuff it comes with" and they said yes.
They went back to get the box, but it was completely empty. They told me "they don't come with anything" .
I can't believe a NIB uberti doesn't even come with an owner's manual... :hmm:

I dont' want to pay a NIB price (it's $299 by the way) and NOT get what I'm supposed to.

Thanks!

Every Uberti revolver comes with a four-color printed pull-out with a picture of every gun they make on it...you could have it framed, it's that nice, except for the folds, which a professional frame shop can eliminate for you. In addition to that is a black powder safety & loading manual that comes packed with the gun. The revolvers themselves come in a plastic bag that has lots of oil on the inside to keep the thing from rusting on the shelf! That's it in a nutshell.

If they have more than one box of ANY of their revolvers, the guy at the store can borrow a copy from another box and let Uberti know that the stuff wasn't in a box...problem solved! The paperwork isn't gun-specific at all, so any copy will do! Hope that this helps!

Dave

thanks for that info! I don't believe they had any other ubertis in the box in the back. They had a NIB Traditions pistol though.

They are expecting in an uberti 1858 rem this week, so maybe I'll be able to see the items you mentioned... that is if they don't sell it before I get there.

thanks again.

Revolvers are like french-fries...you can never have just ONE :haha: :) .

You got bit BIG TIME by the "BUG"! Congratulations and MAKE MORE SMOKE!! :applause: :thumbsup:

Dave

ha ha, yep, I just HAVE to have a dragoon, an 1851 Navy, an 1858 rem, and maybe one of the pocket pistols...

edit: I wonder if I can get the store go down a little on the 3rd dragoon since there's missing stuff in the box.... maybe 10 or 15 bucks... can't hurt to try.

Don't the Uberti's come with a nipple wrench?

I have a new Uberti coming my way and if you do not have your answer by the time it comes I will let you know what came in my box. It is a Cimarron Uberti btw.

I tried the haggling bit, but I only got "sorry we don't do that...". I'm going to pass on the display model 3rd dragoon. While I was there, I picked up a Cimmaron catalog... been looking at it tonight. Man those "original finish" revolvers look great!!
too bad Cimarron doesn't have the 3rd dragoon in Original Finish... only the whitneyville model.

Can someone explain what exactly Cimarron is? Do they buy uberti revolvers, then "remake" them themselves, or do they contract with uberti to make them specifically to Cimarron specs?

They send a representitive to Uberti and hand pick the best of the production run.
The selected guns are then marked with the Cimarron logo. At least that is what Cimarron says.

Old wolf & Bender:

1. Uberti's I have owned, new in the box, do not come with a nipple wrench. Have not bought a Cimarron Uberti NIB from a source other than gun shows so there is a possiblity a wrench is included, doubt it though. Cimarron website would probably say so if wrench was included.

2. Watch out on "Original finish, i.e. antique finish" guns. Some come with "Original, i.e. antique finish" in the bore since they may not plug the bore's or cylinders when doing the antiquing. You can do your own antiquing various ways, such as blue remover, naval jelly, bleach, etc.

I love the look of the Original Finish Cimarrons, including the "pitting", but yeah, you would not want the bore pitted also... :( I'll keep that in mind next time I look at them.

The store had one Orig. Finish revolver, can't remember which one, but it was quite expensive (for me). Something like $417.

The "normal" Ubertis, that are shiny blued... the original western revolvers did not look like that did they? I would think original revolvers would be just "bare metal".

edit: I'm not into re-enacting, but I definately prefer a look that is more original, and not just "pretty".

I think most "Western" guns came blued. It is just through use they lost their bluing and looked more like Western movie guns. That is, no bluing, just bare metal.

What really happened is holster wear marks on the finish, no matter what the original finish was to begin with. Cowpokes worked hard and played hard and didn't carry their pistols in baggies to keep the dirty grit off of them :wink: .

Don't believe everything that you see in the movies...unless it's Tom Selleck as Monte Walsh :shocked2: .

Dave

I'm going to go to Texas Jacks saturday... I'll be able to fondle many ubertis and cimarrons...

Their uberti 3rd Dragoon is $279, so it's even cheaper than my local store who had it for $299.

I bought a Uberti 1851 Navy several years back and there wasn't anything with it. I bought a nipple wrench from Dixie.

It's been a great gun. If I remember right, I got it straight from them off their website for $265. They list for $300 now.

Ya better watch-out! God gave ya two hands! One for the 3rd Model and one for a Walker! :rotf: :shocked2: .

Have fun at the Candy Store! :thumbsup: :)

Dave

The only response to that is if Clint could carry 4 or 5 pistols (the ULTIMATE NEW YORK RELOAD!) in the movie Josie Wales, I'll start trying to handle just 2! :rotf: :blah: :)

Dave

Latest posts

Back