• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC Hawken 50 Load Data

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacksan

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Greetings,

I have taken up muzzle loading once again after several years absent from serious smoke pole shooting. I have not tried any of the new substitutes yet, but have a new container of triple 7 for experimenting. What charge weight/bullet do y'all suggest I start with?

BTW, thanks in advance!

For a TC Hawken in 50 cal, I am using 90 grains by volume of 2F triple seven and the Hornady Great Plains 385 gr hp bullet. I also use CCI #11 mag caps and hot shot nipples. If you want to use patch round balls you may want to start with 70 to 80 grains and see what happens. Don't use more than 100 grains with either bullet with triple seven. every rifle is a law unto it's own, but my TC 50 does best with less than the max. My TC Hawken 54, however shoots real nice loaded to max?? If you use a .490 dia round ball in our 50 cal, try a 15 thousands patch and go from there.

I am happy that y'all are including round ball data. That is my favorite, but will not kick other good data to the curb. :wink:

Back