• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

>50 cal. New Englander

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jw

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I recently purchased a .50cal. barrel for my T.C.Englander.Anyone have any favorite loads for plinking and whitetail deer,using 2&3f powder.Thanks in advance.

I use 70 grains of 3F under a .015 patched .490 roundball in my .50 New Englander. I have also used 350 grain Maxi-Hunters with 80 grains, I prefer the roundball load but if you want that extra punch...
Have fun with it, play around and see what it likes. :hatsoff:

Spot

That's my percussion deer rifle of choice. 85 gr 2Fg and a .490" ball with 0.018" tick and Moose Snot lube.

50 yards offhand-

DIAMONDTARG.jpg

70gr 2Fg and .018 ticking patch with .490 ball and natural lube. This load drops deer like a champ. Mine also likes Lee R.E.A.L 250gr bullets with 70gr 2F as well.

So, how did you get those patches to fly out to the target and stick? Mine just kinda fall to the ground. :rotf: :thumbsup:

I just purchased a new englander from a member on this site. I have t/c hawkens in .45 and .50 but the.50 new englander has a 12 ga. barrel with it as well. I am anxious to give it a try. Thanks for the load suggestions.

Latest posts

Back