• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Black Powder and the Path to True Enlightenment

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebel727

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Black Powder and the Path to True Enlightenment

By Driftwood Johnson

SASS# 38283

As a fellow Traveler, seeking the Path of True Enlightenment and Wisdom, I offer up these Thoughts, that we may all Profit from them.

True Enlightenment comes to different Black Powder Shooters through different Paths. Some Paths are short, while others require the Acolyte to toil in the Wilderness for long arduous years. Some follow the Path of manufactured Soft Lead Bullets lubed with the Sacred SPG. Others follow the Path of the Hardcast Bullets and Pan Lubing. Still others follow the Rigors of Casting and the Blessed Lubrisizer. Some follow the Path of the Mystical Unknown Lube of Complicated and Secret Ingredients. Others follow the Path of the Simple. Some walk with the Cookie, some without. All Paths eventually lead to True Enlightenment.

The Paths of Cleaning are Many. There is the Path of the Sacred Moose Milk. There is the Path of the Weasel Piss, and the Dawge Piss. Some follow the Path of the Pure and Sparkling Water. All Paths of Cleaning eventually lead to True Enlightenment.

The Truly Enlightened Black Powder Shooter embraces the Users of all forms of the Sacred Propellant, whether made of the Charcoal, Brimstone, and Saltpeter; or of the other Varieties made necessary by the petty venality of local magistrates.

The RO, having placed himself close to the presence of the Enlightened, will Experience the Joy of the Loud Concussion, the Fragrance of the Brimstone, the Purging Power of the Choking and Coughing, and the Blinding Flash of the Mighty Flame. He too will eventually find the True Path.

Upon achieving True Enlightenment, the Black Powder Shooter will be able to divine the position of Targets hidden by the Smoke by simply sensing their presence. Reliance on actually seeing the Hidden Targets will no longer be necessary.

The Truly Enlightened Black Powder Shooter will have achieved a Perfect Balance of Lube and Cleaning Technique which allows him to shoulder his Fair Share of the Burden of Posse Chores, not leaving such Chores to be performed solely by the Unenlightened.

Once the Black Powder Shooter has achieved True Enlightenment, he will no longer feel compelled to impose on the posts of the Unenlightened with Arrogant phrases like, “35 grains FFg! Har, Har!”. The Truly Enlightened Black Powder Shooter knows that shooters of smokeless powder must wander in the Wilderness until they find the True Path. They can be pointed in the Right Direction, but can only find True Enlightenment after experiencing the Inspiration for themselves.

The Truly Enlightened Black Powder Shooter is always Charitable and Helpful to the Unenlightened. He is never Condescending, Boastful, or Vain.

The Truly Enlightened Black Powder Shooter is able to Content himself in his Enlightenment without resorting to Proselytizing the Unenlightened. He is Content with leading by Example. The Unenlightened will find the True Path in their own time when they experience the Inspiration.

:bow: Ah, You have the true wisdom of the of the wise men and only the unenlightened can not or will not grasp the true meaning of your prose

rebel727,
:hmm: What :confused:.....I read what you wrote,
but I am a bit confused as to why, you wrote it.
snake-eyes :surrender:

dry ball john said:
:bow: Ah, You have the true wisdom of the of the wise men and only the unenlightened can not or will not grasp the true meaning of your prose

Indeedy I Ody. :hatsoff: :bow: Very well written Rebel727 :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

Now that it is the day after you wrote this, do remember what else you may have done on or about the same time and are there any witnesses?

First off I didn't write it. Driftwood Johnson on the SASS forum wrote it. I just thought it fit rather well here. Maybe I think too much.

yoda1.gif

Zen of muzzleloading, it is.

PA Rifleman said:
yoda1.gif

Zen of muzzleloading, it is.
Zen matches up very well with Shintoism. I guess that means if you smell the sacred smoke you become a samari? :confused:

Only when you can snatch the roundball from my hand, Grasshopper, will you be on the path to true enlightenment.

Back