• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just wanted to say hello

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bass

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello everyone! My name is Kenny Bass (like the fish)and, as you can guess, I enjoy traditional muzzleloaders. I've browsed around for a while and really enjoyed the way you all interact with one another in a friendly manner on all topics; what a relief from some of the other forums that are out there. :shake: I'm a young guy, and just starting out in muzzleloaders, but have been around guns my entire life. They just seem more fun than most of the other guns I own. Going from a rifle that is able to shoot thirty rounds in less than ten seconds, to one that shoots two shots a minute is unexplainable to me on how much fun I have. Right now my only traditional is an Investarms " Kentuckian" cap & ball chambered in .45. I don't know how it stands up to some of the other guns out there but I love it. From what I've been told a teacher bought it, built it in the schools woodshop and used it for a while before selling it to another teacher. The gun traded hands through out the school for a few years until my welding teacher gave it to me as a graduation present. I think that the rifle has been at school more than I was! I've taken it hunting a couple times, and love the snap before the bang. It failed to fire many times at the moment of truth, but man, it was awsome! I had one of my newer muzzleloaders back at camp ready to go, but it never left the case as long as I had caps and balls. My hobbies consist of bushcraft, and anything that has to do with history. I own two US military jeeps that I show and use in parades around the state. I also enjoy hunting and use both archery tackle, centerfires, and of course my smoke pole. Here recently I've been drawn to past times. I've hung up my fancy compound bow for a while, and have been shooting a recurve with wooden arrows instead. I hope to learn a lot from all of you, and to expand my BP arsenal to include a couple pistols, a flintlock rifle, and maybe a shotgun. :hmm: Anyways, I just wanted to let you all know a little about me, and to say that I hope to be around for a while!

Thanks,
Kenny Bass

Howdy Kenny & welcome aboard amigo! You can never be too young to enjoy this stuff! Is what keeps us old codgers young ta boot! Anyway a big Texas Howdo, and carry on kind sir! :hmm:

Davy

When ya load that rifle whack the opposite side of the breech with the palm of yer hand after you dump the powder in, jars grains into the flash channel which you have to clean every so often. Welcome aboard!

Thanks for the very warm welcome guys! I'm planning on making some basic gear to compliment my rifle for when I go shooting. I'll be sure to post photos when I do. :grin:

Kenny,
Welcome to the MLF, great to have you with us. I think you will find everyone here is more than willing to share their particular expertise.Hope you will visit often and contribute when you can.
Keep in mind a good question is a contribution.
I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Hay Bass, lots of good info here. Regards from North of the border, regards Fisher King.

Howdy Kenny. Welcome aboard! I can totally relate to what you said about enjoying muzzleloaders more. I shoot modern guns also, but there's something special about the slow, deliberate loading that makes you really work to get the best out of each shot. Investarms makes good guns. I have a few of them myself.

Howdy from NC, the people here are great. I have learned so much from them. Enjoy and keep a pencil handy, you will need it. :grin:

Latest posts

Back