• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New powder horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billk

40 Cal.
Reaction score
This is my first powder horn I just made following Scott Sibley's book. Let me know what you think. Thank you.

Bill_s_Horn_003.jpg

Bill_s_Horn_005.jpg

Bill_s_Horn_004.jpg

Bill_s_Horn_006.jpg

Bill_s_Horn_008.jpg

Bill_s_Horn_007.jpg

Billk said: "This is my first powder horn ; Let me know what you think "

:hatsoff: That's a great horn Billk...........ya done good!
:hmm: :grin: What do I think? I think you'd better stop making horns right now! You're going to have one heck of a job improving on that! :winking: :winking:
Keep up the good work; :thumbsup:
Soggy

my first horn didn't come out looking that good....well done :hatsoff: :v ..........bob

billk,
First, last or inbetween, that is a great
looking horn. IMO :applause:
snake-eyes :bow: :hatsoff:

SAY!!! I know thsi guys work!...this guy is actually the famous master horn builder Mr. Yessim Gooderthanyou and he's just messing with us. But honestly, when I saw the picture my mouth opened without my permission, and stayed that way. Great job. :bow: :bow: :bow: :surrender:

(first one my hind leg he said under his breath) :bull:

Excellent work!
What did you use to color the body of the horn, -very convincin.
Longshot

There is a reason I don't post photos. I can't match your first attempt on my 4th! :surrender: Nice work. How long did it take? :hatsoff:

Thank you. I used yellow RIT dye with a little orange and a pinch of black in it. I then polished it with some bowstring wax that I had available. I understand a lot of you use beewax, but I could not find any at the time.

Latest posts

Back