• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Indiana laws re: BP

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zahman

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a relative in Indiana who is from a very gun- restrictive state. He is leery about sending a BP revolver through the mail to Arizona and we cannot find any on-line onfo regarding this. Anyone able to chime in?

OOPS! I mean, is ORIGINALLY from another state. He has lived in Indiana for years now. Thanks!

The feds don't classify BP guns as firearms so there are no Fed laws against it. Last i heard Artz was still a Free state so there shouldn't be any problem. You can ship BP guns through the P.O.

I don't believe you will have a problem but, a few thoughts that may get you a quick answer:
1. Contact USPS, FedEx, or UPS customer service and ask them - they should know.
2. Ask your friendly neighborhood gun dealer. He should know and if nothing else, if it can't be shipped to you, he as a dealer might be able to take the shipment.
3. Check Cabela's, in their catalog and web sight, the section where they sell black powder guns I have seen lists of states that they can not ship to. If AZ is not listed you are probably good to go.
I would say call the local ATF office but, you would probably have a better chance of hitting the lottery than you will getting someone to answer the phone or return a voice mail (just speaking from personal experience - your local office may be a bit more responsive to the public they are supposed to be serving).
Cheer and welcome aboard mate. :thumbsup:

Now,JR,be fair to the ATF!They can't answer all those phone calls,they're busy burning churches w/ women and children in them! :rotf:

There's only a few states that are picky about black powder gun ownership. AZ isn't one of them. He can legally mail it directly to you, as can any company you mail order from. No worries.

Welcome to the forum! :)

UPS will ship Antique/Replica Antique Firearms regular ground...all others Air only. And they ask what's in it.
U.S. Mail doesn't ask what's in it, Federal Postal Service. They only ask if it's fragile, perishable, hazardous, or if you want insurance.
If he's that worried have him send the frame assy. and cylinder in one box and the barrel in another box. Then they'd be parts.
But I don't think he'd have any trouble sending it to AZ.

I live in Indiana and send and receive blackpowder arms through US Mail, UPS, and FEDX.
No license needed here to send or receive.
There are some states that DO regulate blackpowder arms, though. I can't speak for them, just for Indiana.

Just don't tell the dumba$$ sixteen year old girl at Fed Ex, UPS, DHL or other what it is. They just don't get it. :youcrazy:

Back