• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Underhammer traditional?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Send me an e-mail and I will help you understand the tube sight and the skeleton stocks ( [email protected] ). The guns in the pictures were only here for about an hour. I will be out for a few days so don't get in to much of a hurry. I have a couple of 50 cal barrels that just might be made into a matched set.

Well sir, I am glad your on the right team. You have a great day Dale, and smile a lot. :)
Your ol' buddy,
Don :thumbsup:

Bill of the 45th Parallel said:
Underhammers, The Rodney Dangerfield of Traditional muzzleloaders. Kinda like a LaSalle, at a vintage Ford show. :winking: Bill

Fords are, well, Fords. Great looking old cars but nothing really fancy there. LaSalle's were ok in their day, and not to be confused with "Dangerfield's". Let's not lump Model A's into the same league as a Lincoln Zephyr (the original, of course). :)

Actually, there have been some pretty sophisticated underhammers. They weren't all utilitarian buggy rifles.

About the only gun that isn't traditional would be one with the nipple threaded into the muzzle! :rotf:

I always thought those LaSalles were low priced Cadillacs. Kind like Nash AND Lafayettes. :winking: As for underhammers I like mine. :blah:

gmww said:
RedFeather said:
Bill of the 45th Parallel said:
About the only gun that isn't traditional would be one with the nipple threaded into the muzzle! :rotf:

Huh?

Well, they is underhammers with the nipple in the bottom, sidelocks with the nipple in the side, box locks with the nipple on top and them cursed in-lines with the nipple in the breech. Guess the only place where I've never seen a nipple is screwed into the muzzle. Be right hard to load and I guess you'ld only have to worry about shouldering it once! :haha:

Back