• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where's Mark Baker?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pipascus

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Anybody ever see Mr. Baker? I'd like to meet him eventually, as I really enjoyed his book and he seems like a good guy to talk to. It'd be great to do a trek.

El Casador said:
Anybody ever see Mr. Baker? I'd like to meet him eventually, as I really enjoyed his book and he seems like a good guy to talk to. It'd be great to do a trek.

I'd like to jam with Eric Clapton too, but it ain't gonna happen. :grin:

He's a pretty average guy, just like anybody else. I havn't seen him in years, but I understand from people who have that he's busy with things that involve making a living ,raising children , maintaining a family and paying bills.

excellent Claude excellent,

that really got my funny bone. :rotf:

thanks, gordie

Jamming with Mr. Clapton would be nice. I'd prefer jamming with U2.
I had thought of writing Mr. Baker, but there is not even a PO Box that I can find. Maybe I'll run into him at an event somewhere...

He'll be at the Raid on Martin's Station next month. I've met Mark, and I have a few letter's from him. I gave him 5 yards of linen once to make a hunting shirt.

i havent had the pleasure of scouting with him but have spent many of conversations with him .super guy always welling to share is knowledge and as mike said a down to earth family man
curt

Haven't seen Mark in about 4 years,but unless something has changed he's teaching school up around Columbia,Tennessee. He'll be at Mansker's Station in May for sure.

We shared a motel room once when the CLA was still in Cincinatti....heck of a good feller to talk with :winking:.

Heck, I'm in Arizona! I too am a teacher and have thought of heading to Tennessee. I am planning to go to a couple of rondies in the summer. It'd be nice to meet him then.

Claude Mathis said:
El Casador said:

I'd like to jam with Eric Clapton too, but it ain't gonna happen. :grin:

If you live in Nashville long enough you stand a good chance of doing both! I jammed with Clapton in a downtown club 20 years back and have camped with Baker on several occasions.

Both are as average as possible under the circumstances.

Don't ever get caught riding with Baker and both of the House boys for any distance! They pick at each other.

Want to get to know Baker? Enroll in his high school class. The questions you raise may not be interesting or relevant to his class and he may not be able to teach you those type of things in school either. Something about bringing a gun and a scalping knife to class would make the administrators turn up an eyebrow.

I read an article once where Baker was describing one of his trekking partners swimming in a brook.

You're 180 out IMO. While I've never been around him all that much,I have an idea he would whop your butt if you crossed him.

I've met him a couple of times. Once at Martin's station and the other time at Fort Dobbs in NC. Nice guy and very free with his knowledge.

Jack

I met him at Mansker's a couple times and asks his advice on a couple things and he was as unassuming and a gentleman as anyone could ask for. Real helpful fellow. Just one of the guys and wasn't putting on any airs or snobby. He sure can run. He won the foot race even against younger fellas.

Guys, knock off the Canadian and gay thing. The joke is in poor taste with respects to this forum. Thank you.

This thread went way off topic before I edited it, almost to the point of slander...

So I chose to delete the offensive replies and lock this thread...

Musketman
Asst. Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back