• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Another New Hawken?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The older Santa Fe was very similar to the Lyman Great Plains. The photo here is very limited. One thing I dislike is the small tigger guard in that photo.

I prefer Thompson Center Hawkens mainly due to all the aftermarket barrels and Thompson's fine warranty.

:nono: :blah: :nono: :blah: :nono: :blah:

Looks like a nice gun to bad not in a south paw model. Thats why I gotts the GPR from lyman
WI
That engraved henry is gorgeous george!!!

Looks good. That will take some wind out of TC's sails. I'm a big TC fan, but they failed to exploit the reenactor market potential. Good for Uberti. Hope its quality, for their sake.
Taylor in Texas

I don't like the T/C Hawkens because they aren't Hawkens. If T/C made something like the Lyman GPR, I'd probably buy one. I hope the price on this new gun will be cheaper than the Pedrosoli Hawken.

Glad to see they are bringing them back out. I wonder if they will be a .53 again or go with a true .54. I seem to remember when they were around before they were a little pricey. About the same as the Navy Arms Hawkens.

I got mine when they were discontinued and everyone was emptying inventory. I bought mine as a kit for less than $200. Would have been nice if it had a Walther barrel but I can't complain about the one it has.

Snuffy,
The Santa Fe Hawken is nothing like the Lyman rifle. The Great Plains rifle is more like an Ohio style gun, almost delicate when compared to the Santa Fe Hawken. The architecture of the stock is different too.

J.D.

J.D. said:
Snuffy,
The Santa Fe Hawken is nothing like the Lyman rifle. The Great Plains rifle is more like an Ohio style gun, almost delicate when compared to the Santa Fe Hawken. The architecture of the stock is different too.

J.D.

I agree. The Uberti's Santa Fe Hawkens were a very close copy of an original Hawken (the bores were .530 and slightly off-center, just like the original it was copied from). Much heftier than the GPR. Wish I still had mine. But the GPR is very nice and I enjoy it.

I'd love to say they will be cheaper...they were 450 or around that new last year. Heck I'll get one to go with the Ithaca! And just put it back and not get a bigger barrel for it , the 53/54 would do fine. Fred :hatsoff:

Now all we have to do is to get the good ole dollar to climb up so it is worth two Euros.
That would cut the price down to a point where we all could afford to buy one of them.

Hope the Hawken is up to the old Uberti standards. If I recall, Uberti was bought out a while back by either Beretta or Benelli.

I contacted Uberti about getting one and this is what they emailed me back.......

"Dear Sir,
we are sorry to say that due to the law requests, we had to discountinue the
production of this model.
If you want to try to Dixie Gun Works Inc., Tennesse Phone:731-8850700
maybe they still have one in the warehouse.
Best regards,
Irene"

Swampman said:
I contacted Uberti about getting one and this is what they emailed me back.......

"Dear Sir,
we are sorry to say that due to the law requests, we had to discountinue the
production of this model.
If you want to try to Dixie Gun Works Inc., Tennesse Phone:731-8850700
maybe they still have one in the warehouse.
Best regards,
Irene"

WT heck is that about? Just stinks. :cursing:

They said it was "LOW INTREST" in the Santa Fe?? I said "SAY WHAT?" I could only find one place to buy one ect, maybe they will rethink it, anyone want one you should E mail them , they are really nice and get right back to me . Fred

Back