• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

A lot of bear around this year.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bear like this one?
1028290371d212bfdee5d4bcef076a23.jpg

She was probably texting. đź‘Ž

I know a couple who hit a big bear in their little Nissan. It put both of them in the hospital and totaled the car. The bear ran off and had to be tracked down with dogs by the game dept. They treed it and shot it but found out it wasn't hurt bad after a necropsy.

Ya probably. One is more likely to be hit by a texting driver than by a drunk driver and it's been that way for something like 10 years now. I never liked texting but now that I have gone back to a real "flip phone," texting cannot be done while I am driving. :)

First off, you gotta kill a bear. After that the rest is darn easy in comparison.

Maine has more bears (black) than any other state outside Alaska. I even saw plenty in Va and WV.
kill every bear that exists. use grenades machine guns whatever it takes. find their cave where they sleep in the winter and use flamethrowers to kill them and their cubs. the human race is in danger of being eradicated

kill every bear that exists. use grenades machine guns whatever it takes. find their cave where they sleep in the winter and use flamethrowers to kill them and their cubs. the human race is in danger of being eradicated

You seem to be a little unstable. This is a hunting forum and most here find your posts offensive.

Maybe you should find a nice animal website to hang out at, Sierra Club, USHS, OR PETA are a few suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen more bear this year then I have in probably the last ten years, I need to get some round balls ordered for my smooth bore soon.
I've seen a few bear this week during the day and a few at night driving to. Me and a buddy make a small hunting blind on his small property with a food plot, today he was back there discounting out and walked up on a bear. Nothing big but nice there hanging around

I've never shot a bear before, never even seen many in the woods even until the last few years.

I'd like to try and render the fat off it if I get one, anyone have a good reference on the proper way to do that or other uses for a bear.

The one my buddy took the picture of looks to be about 150 pounds to me but I can't size a bear like a deer. This Saturday are early bear season starts in the southern zone in New York, so hope I can get one.

View attachment 42685
Only in Several wmu. I’m southern zone 4f our season in oct 1. My front yard

Attachments

• BF86D458-78E4-4852-9A2E-855372730818.jpeg
    BF86D458-78E4-4852-9A2E-855372730818.jpeg
    139.9 KB · Views: 77
It’s seams the 3 seriEs only 1 had checked before I posted was afraid I missed something.
iv e seen some giant bear around here, there was one killed next to were I hunt like 8 years ago, don't know if it got approved as a recorded or what. The near was over 800lb and think the state record bear on ny website is like 600lb. I've seen bigger bear then 600 every few years here.

I seen one 5 years ago the thing looked like a black Angus walking across the field.

Bought an "improved" cabin on the banks of the Siuslaw river across from Old Town Florence Oregon. The river is very Tidal and mudflats line the base of the cliffs below us. I went down to take a look and theres big piles of bear scat every 50' feet or so. After we cleared about an acre on top of the cliff we found fresh scat next day. Needless to say we are on high alert.

Attachments

• 20200812_140050.jpg
    20200812_140050.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 88
This whatever is one sick dude! Bless his one cell brain.
why is that? I am just expanding on the fact that a lot of guys want to kill every animal they see. when I was young I killed everything that walked crawled flew or swam and thought it was funny. then when older trying to work and survive I saw the animals just trying to survive. unless an animal tries to attack me I aint killing it

Sarcasm or not you are on the wrong page with this site, I respect the animals I hunt and so do the members here from what I have read, I now think perhaps you are trolling for the PETA and like other groups, Probably the best thing to do now is to totally ignore your remarks on this subject. Young or old there is nothing funny about the taking of anything's life. Kind of sounds like Clint Eastwood in the movie Unforgiven.

Back