• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Picked up an antique powder horn!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frontier's

Buckskins & Black Powder
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Okay so maybe its not what you were thinking, but this was to neat to pass up! It'll look great on the shelf with the other older tubes i've collected. I even have a small bottle of the spit patch and used some to try out. It did well, but nothing to lose your mind over. I read that its basically beeswax emulsified in water. It stinks to heck and separates to the point you have to heat it and mix it up.
s-l1600.jpg

s-l160022.jpg

I had one of those old horns. I thought the lube worked great. When it was new, the lube even smelled good. I bought mine in 1976 or so. :cool:

I picked up a Disney Davey Crocket powder horn from a thrift store for cheap. I have no idea how old it is but it must be old because the price tag on it was $7.50

:eek::eek::eek:😭😭 ALL graphics on the horn came smeared completely off. A little on the PO'd side but eventually got over it. I'll just try out the lube now i guess. So disappointed!

Back