• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA Frontier With Nickel Silver Barrel?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have an unusual CVA Frontier rifle. It came with a red finish on the stock and a silver barrel. I am wondering if they made any of these with nickel silver barrels.

Attachments

• DSC01825.JPG
    DSC01825.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 141
  • DSC01826.JPG
    DSC01826.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 139
  • DSC01827.JPG
    DSC01827.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 133
  • DSC01828.JPG
    DSC01828.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 145
  • DSC01829.JPG
    DSC01829.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 136
I've a CVA Frontier with a brown barrel and the buck horn rear sight. The red color of the stock is probably the way it came from the factory. I have seen that color on a factory built CVA Hawken cap lock. Nice rifle ;)

"Stainless" barrels are used on some modern breechloaders.

I would not ever use 416 stainless for a gun barrel. Some do because it machines nicely. That 416 barrel may not perform so nicely if something goes wrong. Seem to recall some famous European hunting rifle manufacturer discontinuing stainless rifles because thy can get somewhat brittle in cold weather. Makes sense to me as metallurgist.

It's probably a nickel plating. A friend of mine did that to his TC Hawken many years ago. He liked the look. I thought it was ok for him but not something I would do.

I like the red stock finish.

Latest posts

Back