• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

It’s coming!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The colors on the mountain had started to change near my house. Now This is the new colors I saw from my front yard this afternoon here in Utah. It was to close for me. 1/2 acre to over a 1000 in less than two hours
View attachment 42314View attachment 42315
It was 90° Today. Now at 1am 63° and raining supposed to be 41° By 8am.
I pray that the rain an cooler temp will help the fire fighters get control of the flames. Be safe and smart with all things that could start a wildfire!
Stay safe. Prayers for you and your neighbors.

Reminds me of a joke I saw on a Colorado post card years ago;
Welcome to colorful Colorado, all 410 shares of brown........ 🤣

When the wife and I first came out from Virginia to the southwest high desert our first thought was oh my God, how stark! How moon like! Within a year we had fallen in love with the desert. Guess some fall in love with it and others never do.
Yesterday it was 88 degrees in the shade, this morning a cold front moved in and current highs of 44 degrees are forecast. Air conditioner and furnace running the same day.

stay safe @BallBoy ! The Grizzly Creek fire is about 3 miles from my back door but thankfulply contained in this direction.

Mid Oct. here for early muzzle loader season, you can tell fall is a coming cooler mornings and evenings, this is my favorite time of the year, the leaves are not doing much yet but it will not be long. Great time to be in the mountains.

The colors on the mountain had started to change near my house. Now This is the new colors I saw from my front yard this afternoon here in Utah. It was to close for me. 1/2 acre to over a 1000 in less than two hours
View attachment 42314View attachment 42315
It was 90° Today. Now at 1am 63° and raining supposed to be 41° By 8am.
I pray that the rain an cooler temp will help the fire fighters get control of the flames. Be safe and smart with all things that could start a wildfire!

I feel you brother. February, 2002, I was riding across a field, bed of a truck, with 6 other fire fighters off to fight the biggest brush fire I ever saw. Idiot "tried to burn a bush" and set the forest ablaze. I recall making a point about how unseasonably warm it was by saying "you know guys, I have skiing class this Thursday night."

So warm that February that we were battling forest fires.

I got sent to "back burn" a hillside and did such a good job, nearly burned myself up! Wind shifted, fire got behind me. I literally ran for it and jumped over a fallen tree. (I'm an idiot). We stopped that fire at the little creek....we won.

Good luck, will pray for you.

Thanks. Crazy story!!!
Haven’t heard about any structures that’ve burned. It came really close to the homes up on the foothills.
The fire seems to have burned away from us. We were outside of the evacuation area by about 1/2 mile. It’s cold and rainy which is a blessing to all involved.

BTW, has any one seen THE WOLLY CATAPILLAR yet? because as we all know that he knows he has to get a move on be fore it get's to chilly for him. and he has been a note that fall is here.

Sunday it was 101*. Today........... it will be in the 80s by the weekend. There's a foot of snow where I am bowhunting this year. Can't wait to get up there! ML season opens this weekend but I'll take it up in October during the rifle season.

20200909_074458_copy_800x600.jpg

Miss those autumn leaves and first cool snap. I’ll see some leave changes here in west Florida about... February? Planted a 12’ red maple this summer just so I catch a glimpse of color.

The best indicator of winter severity is the length of hair on a bullfrog's back; forget the caterpillars.

I was brought up hunting the deep Georgia jungles and didn't know what snow was supposed to be; I'd heard it was white & fluffy. Then we came to Virginia!
Now here in Maine snow is a serious subject! And yep, all 4 seasons. Georgia only had three: summer, Christmas and almost summer. I've noticed some trees turning color already; pretty sure the "drought" does it.

Back