• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Arsenal Style Non-Combustible Pistol Cartridges

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey :)

I’m currently stuck at home with a wicked bout of “the running off” (I think it might be food poisoning 😣) so I’ve been on the YouTube and found a really neat video from our own Mark Hubbs from Era’s Gone Bullet Molds:

97FCEAD1-1414-487D-8929-1B365DA3C893.jpeg

How cool! So it seems from the early pre-war days all throughout the war, there were many of these pistol cartridges made for the Colt Dragoon and later 1860 Army revolvers. They look and are made just like a smaller version of a musket cartridge:
724D31BF-04AB-4D2D-971C-8FEB7E729529.jpeg

Mark also has a video showing how these completed cartridges were bundles together in a packet of 6, with an empty cartridge tube holding about 8 percussion caps for the gun. My plan is to make some of these paper cartridges and bundles to place in the reproduction civil war pistol cartridge box I own. I think that would be so cool for a “grab n’ go” rig with my Pietta 1860 Army I just bought, with the gun in a period cavalry holster all on a Civil War belt.

Stay tuned gang! And also look forward to my review of the Pietta 1860 Army. Take care!

-Smokey

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back