• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Big Bore Flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoaringBull

40 Cal
Reaction score
OK I thought that I would open the big bore flintlock thread, so we don't hog the for sale thread.

Has anyone seen a 2 bore or 4 bore flintlock rifle? I've only seen caplocks with that size bore.

Certainly not that big of a bore but I'm threatening to get a rifled barrel for my Pedersoli 1816.
Haven't made up my mind yet on whether or not to make it suitable to elongated bullets as well as patched ball.

OK I thought that I would open the big bore flintlock thread, so we don't hog the for sale thread.

Has anyone seen a 2 bore or 4 bore flintlock rifle? I've only seen caplocks with that size bore.
Yes I have one better known has a bank gun
Feltwad

Hey Feltwad............What is "bank" gun????????.......oldwood
Like the punt gun they were tools of the trade for wild fowling .Used on the foreshore in the sand dunes or the sea wall , the biggest shoulder gun that could be handled against the flocks of waders that feed on the water edge of the incoming tide , and fired when within range
Feltwad

Definitely, fella was trying to sell a couple 10 years ago when I went to pick up barrel. I believe the full stock was a 4 and the halfstock a 2.

My mind may be failing on me....but looks like the halfstock was an underhammer. No good pictures.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200902-083127_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200902-083127_Gallery.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 130
  • Screenshot_20200902-083101_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200902-083101_Gallery.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 122
  • 20200902_083530.jpg
    20200902_083530.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Hey Felt.......Thanks for the enlightenment.... Used to bank shoot waterfowl on the Monongehela River south of Pittsburgh , Pa.. Just never knew it was called "bank shootin'"...oldwood

I did have a 6b flintlock for a while, was very nice but used a lot more powder and lead, to no more effect for me than a smaller one so sold it (if covered the costs of the extra motorcycle i wanted then) was pretty though

Latest posts

Back